Infant Annihilator is a British deathcore band from Hull, East Riding in Yorkshire. One of the biggest names in the technical deathcore scene, they are known for music that can be considered extreme even for extreme metal as a whole, satirical and gorn-tastic lyrics, and music videos filled with NSFW content. They are mainly an internet project, but they have expressed plans in performing live tours.
- Dickie Allen - vocals (2016-present)
- Eddie Pickard - guitar, bass (2012-present)
- Aaron Kitchner - drums (2012-present)
- Dan Watson - vocals (2012-2014)
Discography (full lengths in italics):
- "Decapitation Fornication" (single, 2012)
- The Palpable Leprosy of Pollution (album, 2012)
- The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch (album, 2016)
- The Battle of Yalabaoth (album, 2019)
TROPE THE STILLBORN!
- Affectionate Parody: Of Gorn-laden Death Metal bands, from which they've taken their aesthetic and turned the morbidness all the way up.
- Call-Back: "Feast ov Goreglutton" from The Battle of Yaldabaoth has two monsters named Childchewer and Cuntcrusher that are respective callbacks to the previous song of the same name off of the album and the song of the same name from The Palpable Leprosy of Pollution.
- "The Kingdom Sitteth Lonely Beneath Thine Hallowed Heavens" also makes one for "Soil the Stillborn" off of The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch.
- Concept Album: The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch tells the story of an evil cult that performs horrific acts of depravity to gain power over the world starting with the ascent of the eponymous leader of the cult. The Battle of Yaldabaoth serves as a sequel of sorts to the previously mentioned album with a focus on the Crapsack World spawned from the horrors wrought by the Galeriarch's cult.
- Deathcore: They are one of the most prominent acts in technical deathcore, and although they have dialed down on the core part as of The Battle of Yaldabaoth, they still largely remain such.
- Deranged Animation: The music video for "Blasphemian" is an animated music video featuring a group of horribly butchered corpses alternating between performing the song and having sex with other corpses. Fittingly enough, the animation is extremely erratic, with a cut-out stile reminiscent of Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- Evil Versus Evil: In The Battle of Yaldabaoth, the King(implied to be the Galeriarch of the previous album) goes up against the Three Bastards, a trio of warlords who are just as depraved, if not more, than he is.
- Fun with Acronyms: All their album titles form perfectly innocuous acronyms when shortened.
- Gorn: They take the typical death metal affinity with gore and violence and take it to comical extremes.
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Dickie Allen's highs and lows make it utterly impossible to make out the lyrics in some instances
- Intentionally Awkward Title: Their name itself and their songs are by design this to satirize Death Metal naming stereotypes.
- Metal Scream: Dan Watson was known for his Type 2 lows and Type 3 highs as one of the most prominent users of the tunnel throat technique during his tenure as frontman. On the other hand, Dickie Allen is known for his Travis Ryan-influenced Type 3 high shrieks and downright demonic Type 2 gurgles.
- Mohs Scale of Lyrical Hardness: A solid 11
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Hard 10-11 throughout their entire career.
- Pedophile Priest: And it's milked for all its worth. Their entire lyrical oeuvre is based around a horrific religious cult that gains power by committing unspeakable acts of depravity on children and infants.
- Refuge in Audacity: Pretty much all the lyrics to their songs are this due to how gorntastic and squicky they are. The bandmates themselves said in an interview that if they feel grossed out by the lyrics they're writing it means they're doing it right.
- Religion Rant Song: Downplayed, but their lyrics are derived from the Catholic Church sexual abuse scandals to an extent.
- Self-Made Orphan: A figure implied to be the Demiurge kills the succubus that birthed it in "Ov Sacrifice and Sincest".
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Enforced with The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch. Dickie Allen said in an interview that they struggled to find a way to use "egg" as an acronym and still make it fit with the album's highly explicit nature without resorting to antiqute English; as such, they ultimately went for the Perfectly Cromulent Word Galeriarch, a fusion of the word "galere" (a group of undesirable people) and the "-arch" suffix.
- Special Guest: The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch features guest appearances from Dillon Becker (AnimalFarm), Tyler Shelton (Traitors), Bryan Long (King Conquer, Dealey Plaza), and Chris Whited (Bodysnatcher, ex-King Conquer). The Battle of Yaldabaoth includes features from the likes of Trevor Strnad and Alex Terrible, as well as Storm Strope (The Last Ten Seconds of Life) and Alex Teyen (Black Tongue).
- Technical Death Metal: This has always been a massive part of their sound, but they've gradually come closer to it with each and every album.
- Would Hurt a Child: Roughly 99% of their songs are about this.