I built the sky (capitalization intentional) is a One-Man Instrumental Progressive Metal project of guitarist/multi-instrumentalist Rohan "Ro Han" Stevenson from Melbourne, Australia. He is known for his "happy" take on metal, featuring an uptuned guitar rather than the downtuned kind that is typical of most metal bands. Through social media, he has gained a fairly large following thanks to his technical skill and willingness to mix genres together.
- I built the sky (2012)
- Inortus EP (2014)
- all lowercase letters: Played with. The name is a sentence, so "I" is capitalized but "built the sky" is not.
- I Am the Band: The entire band is the project of Rohan "Ro Han" Stevenson.
- Instrumentals: All of his songs.
- Lighter and Softer: His signature "happy metal" style makes him this to the typical metal band.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Averages around an 8. The softer songs often clock in at 3.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: While rooted in progressive metal, his music has influences as varied as Electronic Music, Pop Punk, Jazz, 8-bit music, and Alternative Rock.
- Special Guest: Some songs feature guest instrumentation
- Theme Naming: All songs end with "-us".