Girl's Day is a 4-member K-Pop group. They were founded in 2010, and to date have released 11 singles, 3 EP's, and one full length album. Their biggest hits are "Expectation," "Female President" and "Something."
- Sojin: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
- Yura: Main Rapper, Sub-Vocalist
- Minah: Main Vocalist
- Hyeri: Sub-Vocalist, Maknae, Main Dancer
Girl's Day's Singles
Tropes Related to Girl's Day:
- Amusing Injuries:
- Hyeri repeatedly hitting her head in "Oh! My God."
- Also Yura running into the wall during one of their appearances on "Weekly Idol."
- And Your Reward Is Edible: As is the norm, they were rewarded with beef snacks for winning games during their appearance on "Weekly Idol."
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Hyeri impersonating a man by wearing a suit and flirting with Minah in "Female President."
- A-Cup Angst: Played for laughs during one of their skits for Saturday Night Live Korea.
- Bath Kick: Done by Hyeri in an empty bathtub for the "Something" music video, with this moment even being the YouTube video's thumbnail.
- Bifauxnen: Once again, Hyeri wearing a suit in "Female President."
- Break the Cutie: A hidden camera prank on Beatles Code did this almost too effectively.
- Hyeri had a sudden burst of popularity thanks to her "natural aegyo" while crying after going through a gas chamber exercise on the show Real Men.
- Hotter and Sexier: "Expectation" was one of their first promoted singles to go the sexy route rather than cute. It brought them more attention, and their latest releases have been more centered around sexiness.
- Incredibly Long Note: Minah gets to belt one of these in "Nothing Lasts Forever."
- Lighter and Softer: In 2013 and 2014, Girl's Day released "Expectation," "Female President, and "Something." These sexier singles were complemented by the bright and cheery "Please Tell Me" and "Darling," both released as summer singles.
- Male Gaze: The camera is unsurprisingly prone to this in their videos.
- Older Than They Look: Sojin is 30. Not only is she the oldest member of Girl's Day, she's almost a full 6 1/2 years older than Yura, the next eldest.
- Punny Name: During an interview, Hyeri revealed their nicknames to be Bing-gu (Silly) for Yura, Heuk-gu (Black dog) for herself, Baek-gu (White Dog) for Minah, and Iship-gu (Twenty-Nine) for Sojin. Sojin's name is the punny one, as it refers to her age instead of her personality.
- Show Some Leg: One of the (arguably) signature moves in their music video for Something. The end result is most definitely She's Got Legs.
- Signature Laugh: Hyeri and Yura both have very loud, distinctive laughs.
- The Smart Girl: Sojin has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Yeongnam University.
- Stage Name: Yura's birth name is Kim Ah-young.
- Truck Driver's Gear Change: The climax of "Expectation."
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Minah's break dancing in "Oh! My God" causes a drunk Sojin to become physically ill, but the viewer never sees her vomit.