From Ashes to New is a Rap Metal band from Pennsylvania, formed in 2013. They've gotten off to a steady start as an opening act for fellow rap rockers Hollywood Undead. Their style is a creative mix of various genres such as Nu Metal, Hip-Hop, Electronic Music, Metalcore, and Hard Rock. Much like their influence Linkin Park, they have two vocalists; a rapper and singer. They go back and forth in each song, and provide Soprano and Gravel dynamics.
Their song "Through It All" was released in 2015, to breakout success placing in the Top 10 of the Mainstream Rock charts. They released their album Day One in February 26, 2016, to moderate success.
- Matt Brandyberry - Rapping, keyboards
- Chris Musser - Clean vocals
- Branden "Boo" Kreider - Rhythm guitar, unclean vocals, backing vocals
- Tim D'onofrio - Drums
- Lance Dowdle - Lead guitar (touring/session)
- Angst: Quite a bit of it in their music can be found.
- Break-Up Song: "Through It All" is about a girl that left the protagonist's life.
- Crossover: With The Hu for a rearranged version of the latter's single "Yuve Yuve Yu".
- Genre Throwback: They would honestly sound more at home in the late-'90s/early-'00s rap rock explosion than they do today. That said, their modern production style and unique variety of influences helps make it sound fresh.
- Harsh Vocals: While Boo primarily serves as the rhythm guitarist, he can also provide unclean vocals.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Roughly 7-8 overall.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: They draw upon a wide variety of influences, and it shows.
- Nu Metal: Admitted fans of the genre.
- Soprano and Gravel: Boo provides screams in contrast to Matt's rapping and Chris' screaming
- Vocal Tag Team: Matt and Chris, with Boo to a lesser extent, go back-and-forth in every song.