FAR EAST MENTION MANNEQUINS AGENCY SYNDICATE is a top secret organization with the goal of liberating mannequins from human oppression by turning them into "FEMMs": sentient mannequins capable of moving and acting on their own free will. To accomplish this, FEMM's Acency Syndicate has released two FEMMs into society to scout out mannequins that have the potential for FEMM-ization: SW-000000 aka "RiRi" and MS-000000 aka "LuLa." RiRi and LuLa are handled by the organizations two most elite agents, Honey-B and W-Trouble. RiRi and LuLa have been spotted throughout Tokyo as seemingly-worthless mannequins begin to disappear...
FEMM is also a Japanese pop duo that surfaced in 2014. If you haven't already guessed, they are heavy on the "concept" aspect; they may be more accurately described as an ambitious art project than a music act, employing world-class talent from several mediums. FEMM is backed by the producers of such big name stars as Beyonce and Lady Gaga, resulting in music that is probably more familiar to American ears than Japanese ones (their lyrics are also entirely in English). Also of note are their music videos, which have been released at a steady pace since the beginning of 2014, each one different from the last but all of them undeniably impressive. Finally, intricate and robotic choreography is provided by HIDALI, the choreographer behind Genki Sudo's equally novelty group WORLD ORDER. The mannequins also remain in character at all times.
Those who are interested in becoming agents can register at the official FEMM website (available in English as well as Japanese). Their music videos can all be found on their official YouTube channel.
FEMM provides examples of:
- Badass Boast: "Fxxk Boyz Get Money", "Kill the DJ", "White Noise"...most of their songs, really.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Fxxk Boyz Get Money". It may make up around half the song's lyrics.
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: Invoked in the lyrics of "Wannabe".
- Mood Whiplash: The second to last single released by them before they released a full album was "Unbreakable" which was a soft ballad done mostly on piano. The final single was another EDM song more in line with their previous singles.The song is appropriately titled "Whiplash".
- Motor Mouth: The rap part after the bridge in "PoW."
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: Both mannequins in "Party All Night".
- The Oner: The music video for "Whiplash".
- Precision F-Strike: Although "Fxxk Boyz Get Money" uses the F-word quite often, it is "bleeped" out, which makes the acutal usage of it after the bridge quite effective.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: According to this interview, RiRi is an aggressive combat oriented mannequin while LuLa is more reserved and supportive.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: After numerous electronic club bangers, they released "Unbreakable", a soft piano ballad. "We Flood the Night" also counts to a lesser extent.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: LuLa often has one.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Specifically, what measure is a mannequin? See the page quote.