- Frederik Teige (plays with them live)
- Peter Broderick (plays with them live and on Magic Chairs)
- Slaraffenland (has performed with Efterklang as the mash-up band Slaraffenklang)
An Alternative Rock band from Copenhagen, Denmark. Less generally, they have elements of Baroque Pop, Dream Pop, Electronic Music, folk, post-rock and (starting with their third album) indie pop. The core members of the band are Mads Brauer, Casper Clausen and Rasmus Stolberg. Rune Mølgaard was part of the original line-up until 2007, but now only performs with them sometimes; similarly, drummer Thomas Husmer left the group in 2011 leaving it as a trio. They are probably best known for their song Mirador (the Animated Music Video of which has over a million views on YouTube) and their recent free single Modern Drift.
In 2016, the trio joined forces with live drummer Tatu Rönkkö under the name Liima. They released two albums before getting back to work on Efterklang's fifth album, and the first sung in the Danish language, Altid sammen.
"Efterklang" means remembrance or reverberation (literally, it means "after sound"). They actually got the name from one of their electronic musician friends who was using the latter definition of "Efterklang" to explain the technical concept.
- Springer (2003, EP, re-released by The Leaf Label in 2005 and bundled with Tripper in 2010 as a Special Edition)
- Tripper (2004)
- Swarming (2005, EP)
- One-Sided LP (2007, vinyl-only EP)
- Under Giant Trees (2007, EP, bundled with Parades in 2010 as a Special Edition)
- Parades (2007)
- "Mirador/Cutting Ice to Snow" (2007, promo-only single)
- Caravan (2008, EP)
- Performing Parades (2009, a live version of Parades recorded with the Danish National Chamber Orchestra)
- Magic Chairs (2010)
- "Modern Drift" (single) (2010)
- "I Was Playing Drums/Me Me Me The Brick House" (2010, single)
- "Raincoats" (2010, single)
- Piramida (2012)
- Leaves: The Colour of Falling (2016, opera, with composed Karsten Funda)
- Altid Sammen (Always Together) (2019)
- ii (2016)
- 1982 (2017)
- Advertised Extra: The video for "Vi er uendelig" ("We are infinite") was advertised hyping supermodel Helena Christensen's participation, but she appears only in the few last seconds and doesn't do much.
- Ambient: All of their work pre-Parades had elements of this, even on Parades the song "Illuminant" still qualifies. "Foetus", "Doppelgänger" and "Tortuous Tracks" are good examples from Tripper, "Antitech" and "Filmosonic XL" are good examples from the Springer EP and "Hands Playing Butterfly" is a good example from the Under Giant Trees EP.
- Animated Music Video: "Illuminant," "Mirador" and "Polygyne."
- Badass Beard: Mads, starting from the Piramida era.
- Deranged Animation: The "Illuminant" and "Mirador" videos.
- Design Student's Orgasm: A part of their general aesthetic.
- Dream Pop: They are signed to 4AD and their music does possess elements from the genre.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The Springer EP. Casper Clausen has admitted that Efterklang started out sounding like a lot of other bands.
- Epic Instrumental Opener: "Polygyne", among other songs.
- Epic Rocking: Naturally for a post-rock band. "Kloy Gyn" is their longest song at 8:01 minutes.
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Before Magic Chairs, this was intentional.
- Last Note Nightmare: "Full Moon" has a synthesized note that comes out of nowhere and greatly increases in volume during the last eleven seconds of the song, when it has seemingly finished. This immediately segues into "The Soft Beating", one of Efterklang's happiest songs.
- Lonely Piano Piece: "Mimeo"
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Varies between 1 and 2.
- Monster Clown: The clown from the "Caravan" video tries to get children to kill each other. Awesomely, regardless.
- Multinational Team: Downplayed regarding Liima. Tatu Rönkkö is Finnish while the three members of Efterklang are all Danish.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly
- New Sound Album: Magic Chairs is poppier than Efterklang's previous albums.
- Ominous Music Box Tune: "Frida Found a Friend"
- Perishing Alt-Rock Voice: Casper Clausen.
- Porn Stache: Rasmus Stolberg
- Soprano and Gravel: "Collecting Shields"
- Stop Motion: The "Illuminant" music video.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The "Caravan" music video has exploding presents.
- Suburbia: The subject of "Amerika" and its music video, off ii.
- Surreal Music Video: The majority of Efterklang's music videos. "Illuminant", though, takes the cake.
- Textless Album Cover: Parades, Magic Chairs and Altid sammen.
- Toothy Bird: The protagonist of the "Mirador" video.