Edwin Jack "Eddie" Fisher (August 10, 1928 September 22, 2010) was an American singer and actor. He was the most successful pop singles artist during the first half of The '50s, selling millions of records and hosting his own TV show.
Of course, Fisher is better known nowadays for divorcing his first wife Debbie Reynolds, with whom he had two children, Carrie and Todd, to marry Reynolds' best friend Elizabeth Taylor when Taylor's husband, film producer Mike Todd, was killed in a plane crash. This event brought scandalous and unwelcome publicity for Fisher. Incidentally, Fisher passed away six months before Taylor.
- Eddie Fisher Sings (1952)
- I'm in the Mood for Love (1952, reissued 1955)
- Christmas with Eddie Fisher (1952)
- Irving Berlin Favorites (1954)
- May I Sing to You? (1954)
- I Love You (1955)
- Academy Award Winners (1955)
- Bundle of Joy (film soundtrack, 1956)
- As Long as There's Music (1958)
- Scent of Mystery (film soundtrack, 1960)
- Eddie Fisher at the Winter Garden (1963)
- Eddie Fisher Today! (1965)
- When I Was Young (1965)
- Mary Christmas (1965)
- Games That Lovers Play (1966)
- People Like You (1967)
- You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet (1968)
- Thinking of You (1957)
- Eddie Fisher's Greatest Hits (1962)
- The Very Best of Eddie Fisher (1988)
- All Time Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (1990)
- Eddie Fisher Greatest Hits (2001)
- All About Eve (1950) as Stage Manager (Deleted Role)
- Bundle of Joy (1956, remake of Bachelor Mother) as Dan Merlin
- BUtterfield 8 (1960) as Steve Carpenter
Tropes associated with his works include:
- Christmas Songs: His album Christmas with Eddie Fisher (1952) featured his takes on Christmas classics such as "Silent Night", "White Christmas", and "O Come, All Ye Faithful".
- Cover Version: Many of his songs were already established classics. One such example is "I've Got You Under My Skin", originally written by Cole Porter and originally recorded by Virginia Bruce.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: He recorded songs for the soundtrack of the film Bundle of Joy, which he starred in. In fact, he released a whole soundtrack album for it.