Published on May 11th, 2017 by Rachel Kim as a third year college project, Diamond Jack is a short, fun animation depicting an unnamed thief stealing a diamond from a hotel while being pursued by a detective.
This song/animation provides examples of
- Bittersweet Ending: The thief gets rid of the bomb, but the detective arrests her.
- Cartoon Bomb: After the twist.
- Double Meaning: At one point the lyrics go, Wont stop until I win the race, although I may have crossed the line which can be interpreted as the thief simply winning the race or her considering that her actions may have gone too far.
- Foreshadowing: The first time you see the diamond you can see small hinges indicating something inside and later when the detective enter the casino a slot machine rolls diamond, bomb, bomb.
- The lyrics also hint at the Thief's Good All Along status.Just please hold on until you seeThat I'm not the villain I appear to be
- The lyrics also hint at the Thief's Good All Along status.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: Averted though after you spot the two bits of Foreshadowing its impossible not to notice.
- Percussive Maintenance: In the casino the thief hits an old womans slot machine which apparently makes her a winner.
- Super Window Jump: The thief does one as seen above!
- Title-Only Opening: At the beginning the video quickly shows the title Diamond Jack before quickly disappearing.
- Wink "Ding!": Surprisingly subverted as the thief does wink but instead of it being in sync with the classic, ding! the wink is used to portray a beat in the animation.