This album, unlike the earlier albums of the band, has a more poppy and danceable sound and basically downplays the whole Ska influence those three albums had. And even though it drop the Ska-Punk elements to a degree, the album also has the bands three Signature Songs on it: The Title Track, "Stay" and the theme song for Weird Science (the latter of which Danny Elfman regretted since it didn't fit the repertoire).
- "Just Another Day" (5:14)
- "Dead Man's Party" (6:23)
- "Heard Somebody Cry" (4:39)
- "No One Lives Forever" (4:16)
- "Stay" (3:39)
- "Fool's Paradise" (4:36)
- "Help Me" (3:47)
- "Same Man I Was Before" (3:26)
- "Weird Science" (6:10)
It's a troper's party! Who could ask for more?:
- Calacas: The album cover was inspired by The Day of The Dead, with all of the skeletons dancing and partying. There is even a skeletal mariachi band.
- Epic Rocking: Apart from the three minute songs, the album has more lenghty tracks then the earlier three. Big example would be the Title Track, which is about six minutes and twenty-three seconds.
- For Science!: "Weird Science", natch.
- Halloween Songs: Basically the whole album, since it does have themes of death and the related things about it, but only more optimistic like "Dead Man's Party" and "No One Lives Forever".
- Mad Scientist: "Weird Science" is sung by one.
- One-Word Title: "Stay"
- Performance Video: "Just Another Day", "Dead Man's Party" and "Stay"'s music videos are these. With "Stay" and "Just Another Day" having some unique touches to make it feel more surreal.
- Video Fullof Film Clips: The videos for "Dead Man's Party" and "Weird Science".
- We All Die Someday: "No One Lives Forever" takes the Anti-Nihilist approach, basically throwing a party with the awareness of mortality.
- Word Salad Lyrics / Word-Salad Horror: Even when Oingo Boingo changed their sound to more poppy endeavors, their cryptic lyrics still linger on.
- "Heard Somebody Cry" for example:The shoe is on the other footthe glove is on the fistThe first is like a cannonballbut it feels like a kissI got a bed that's real softin a room that's always sadI thought I heard a window sighI though I heard somebody cry
- "Heard Somebody Cry" for example: