David Julyan (born 1967) is an English film composer known for his scores for films such as The Cabin in the Woods, Memento, and The Prestige. Before he became well known, he was most well known for his collaborations with Christopher Nolan. He usually uses synthesizers to score his music, with a few exceptions.
Works composed by Julyan include, but are not limited to:
- Following (1998)
- Memento (2000)
- Insomnia (2002)
- Inside Im Dancing (2004, an oddity among his scores - this score has a lack of synthesizers.)
- The Descent (2006) and The Descent Part 2 (2010)
- The Prestige (2006)
- Heartless (2010)
- The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
Tropes seen on himself include:
- Associated Composer: Was this in the past with Christopher Nolan.
- Neo Classical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: In the beginning of Following, the soundtrack goes from Hell Is That Noise to Lonely Piano Piece in literally a matter of minutes.