Elizabeth Eden Harris, known professionally by her stage name as CupcakKe, is an American hip hop recording artist from Chicago, born in the same city in May 31, 1997. Raised by a single mother, CupcakKe spent nearly four years in Chicagos homeless shelters starting at age seven. When she was thirteen years old, she was encouraged to turn her church poetry into rap music and became fond of this type of music.
Her first music video "Gold Digger", was released on her official Youtube channel in August 2012, the video went viral and she was only 14. During the next continued making songs who were generally virals, too. The most notorious ones are "Deepthroat" and "Vagina". In February 2016, some of her songs in the mixtape Cum Cake. Moreover, Charli XCX featured her in her song "Lipgloss", in March 2017.
As you can guess, her songs tend to deal with sexual topics which make her standing out thanks to her humourous tone. However, she also likes to diversify her topics, for example: homelessness, gun violence or sexual orientation. She nicknamed herself her fanbase, the slurpers.
She went to the same elementary school than Chief Keef and Lil Reese.
You better watch this eyes wide open, eyes wide open, like you were at the optician!
- Big Beautiful Woman: Just look at the picture!
- Ethical Slut/Good Bad Girl: Her work is incredibly sexualized, raunchy, and hedonistic, but she's received critical acclaim for the fact she uses these traits as a means to get her fans to reaffirm and enjoy who they are, whatever their skin color, gender or sexual orientation. She also takes the occasional moment to discuss the bad sides of sexuality and makes it clear that there are just as many lines that shouldn't be crossed as there are avenues of personal liberation.
- Intentionally Awkward Title: A vast portion of her song titles are just as explicit as the music itself, with gems like "Vagina", "Pedophile", "Deepthroat", and "Juicy Coochie" just off her first mixtape alone, itself called Cum Cake.
- Intercourse with You: Her songs are very raunchy. There's a big chance that you can write an entire song about intercourse only by using the titles of her songs.
- I Have Many Names: Elizabeth Eden Harris, Queen Elizabitch or Marilyn Monhoe.
- Large Ham: One would seriously struggle to really describe her as "subtle". She raps with incredible passion and swagger, her lyrics are in-your-face and explicit in more ways than one, and her beats tend to be just as wild.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Her musical atmosphere is generally loud, sassy, and energetic in nature, but she sometimes turns it against the listener. "Pedophile" is bluntly from the perspective of a little girl scarred by a child molester, and the realization alone almost instantly makes its bouncy beat sound way more stressful and uncomfortable.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Her songs Pinocchio, Spider-Man's dick, Jesus.
- Refuge in Audacity: Her use of sexual imagery in her songs is so over-the-top that it's hard to be shocked by it.
- Vulgar Humor: She loves being tongue-in-cheek as much as she loves being crass and vulgar, which is to say a lot.