One characteristic of this group is that their members have never revealed their real names or faces to the public, as they were minors when they started out, and even now they continue to stay out of the public eye so they can focus on their studies. Thus, in their singles they're represented by illustrations by popular anime artists (the one pictured at the left was drawn by Hiro Kanzaki, the artist for Oreimo, for "irony"'s cover).
In 2014 Alice left the duo to focus on her studies, being replaced by a new vocalist called Karen.
ClariS's current releases:
- "Drop/Kimi no Mune wo Miyou" (2010)
- "irony" (2010), Oreimo opening
- "Connect" (2011), Puella Magi Madoka Magica opening
- "nexus" (2011), Oreimo 's novel main theme
- "Naisho no Hanashi" (2012), Nisemonogatari ending
- "Wake Up" (2012), Moyashimon Returns opening
- "Luminous" (2012), Puella Magi Madoka Magica first movie opening
- "Reunion" (2013), Oreimo. opening
- "Colorful" (2013), Puella Magi Madoka Magica third movie opening
- "Click" (2014), Nisekoi opening
- "Step" (2014)
- "Clear Sky" (2014)
- "Border" (2015), Tsukimonogatari opening (first single featuring Karen)
- "Hitorigoto" (2017), Eromanga Sensei opening
- "CheerS" (2018), Cells at Work! ending
- "Birthday" (2012)
- "Second Story" (2013)
- "Party Time" (2014) (Last release with Alice)
Tropes pertaining to Claris:
- Anime Theme Song: Several, as seen above.
- Anonymous Band: Their real names are unknown since they go by pseudonyms, and their faces are never shown; they wear masks during live performances and are represented by illustrations for promotional material. This is because they want to focus on their studies when they aren't performing.
- Art Shift: Due to their art being drawn by different artists. In their Clara Alice era, they were represented by redjuice illustrations. After they became big, they've been drawn by Hiro Kanzaki, Ume Aoki, Akio Watanabe and the Madoka Magica animators.
- Artifact Title: Since Alice is no longer in the group, the name "ClariS", a portmanteau of "Clara" and "Alice", is artifactual.
- Closet Otaku: Both are. This is one of the reasons they don't want to show their faces.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Clara is pink, Alice and Karen are blue.
- Cover Version: Some of their covers from their NND era include K-On! endings, A Certain Scientific Railgun openings and several Hatsune Miku songs.
- Meaningful Name: ClariS is supposed to be both a portmanteau of Clara and Alice's name and the Latin word for luminous (which would actually be "clarus")
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Clara wears moon motifs, Alice wears sun motifs, and Karen uses star motifs.