Cimorelli (sim-or-ELL-ee) is an American singing group popularized on YouTube and formerly signed to Universal Music's Island Records and Republic Records labels. Cimorelli is made up of 6 sisters: Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani. Their singing style is mostly using acapella with occasional instruments. They have amassed over 4 million subscribers on their YouTube channel and over 1 billion combined views on all their videos.
Their debut album, Up At Night, was released on May 18, 2016. Later that year on December 23, 2016, their second album Alive, was also released. The following year in February 2017, their first book Lessons Learned, was published. In addition, their third album Sad Girls Club was released on October 27, 2017.
In 2018, they released 3 E Ps. I Love You, Or Whatever was released on July 1 as a physical copy release and in August 1 on most music streaming sites. To celebrate Christina's marriage with her husband Nick, the group put out an EP filled with love songs titled Here's To Us: Wedding Songs, which was released on October 22. The title track of the EP, Here's To Us is featured in the beginning of each video of Christina and Nick's wedding series. On November 23 they released another EP of Christmas-themed songs titled Christmas Lights. The EP contains 2 acapella covers of O Holy Night and Silent Night & 2 original songs titled Christmas Lights and Christmas of Love.
- Christina Lynne Cimorelli (Reali) (born August 12, 1990) (2007present)
- Katherine Ann Cimorelli (born March 4, 1992) (2007present)
- Lisa Michelle Cimorelli (born September 19, 1993) (2007present)
- Amy Elizabeth Cimorelli (born July 1, 1995) (2007present)
- Lauren Christine Cimorelli (born August 12, 1998) (2007present)
- Danielle "Dani" Nicole Cimorelli (born June 15, 2000) (2010present)
- Cups by Anna Kendrick from the movie Pitch Perfect (their most viewed cover on their YouTube channel)
- Party In the USA by Miley Cyrus (their first cover on YouTube)
- Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
- Demi Lovato medley Sister Sing-Off (they did this cover with YouTube makeup guru James Charles)
- Mirrors by Justin Timberlake (they did this cover with Big Time Rush member James Maslow)
- Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (they did this cover with the original singer Natasha Bedingfield herself)
- I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith (they did this cover with The Vamps)
- I Won't Give Up / When I Look At You mashup
- Some Nights by fun.
- Symphony by Clean Bandit and Zara Larsson
- You and I by Lady Gaga
- I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten
- Praying by Kesha
- Coming Home mashup
- One Direction medley
- Justin Timberlake medley
- Ariana Grande medley
- Demi Lovato medley
- In 2012, Lauren and Dani appeared on an episode of Kids React as well as Lisa and Amy on an episode of Teens React.
- In 2014, Cimorelli filmed a 5 episode scripted comedy web-series called Summer With Cimorelli that was featured on both Cimorelli and Awesomeness Tv's YouTube channels.
- In 2015, Cimorelli filmed a 12 episode reality series with go90 called Life As Cimorelli. The series followed the Cimorelli sisters as they moved from California to their new homes in Tennessee.
- In 2016, Cimorelli filmed for a movie called Hope Springs Eternal. The movie stars actress Mia Rose Frampton and fellow youtubers Beau Brooks and Lauren Giraldo. Dani, Lisa and Amy played lead roles in the movie as the characters Candy, Becca and Brianna respectively. Lauren, Christina and Katherine played the minor characters Ashleigh, Mackenzie and Caylee respectively. Filming of the movie took place in Illinois and California.
Tropes applied to Cimorelli include:
- Band of Relatives
- Bowdlerise: They often change the lyrics of their covers to make them more family-friendly: Stay by Post Malone, All Time Low by Jon Bellion, Closer by The Chainsmokers and Halsey.
- Celebrity Endorsement: They actually endorsed for Subway at one point, one for singing about the Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt (Yes they sang the whole jingle for it) and one about piling up your veggie options at your local Subway, complete with singing about it. In return, Subway sponsored their six episode Web Original short series "Summer With Cimorelli".Christina: (After the voiceover narrator Breaking the Fourth Wall) You are so not helping!
- Cover Version: What they do, in acapella form.
- Cry Laughing: Amy as seen in their Epic Sisters Prank video.
- Cuteness Proximity: All the girls but Dani to Matty B in Don't Call Me Baby.
- Genki Girl: Dani as seen in their performance of Price Tag in China.
- Girl Group
- Gospel Music: Their second album Alive.
- Happily Married: The oldest Cimorelli sister Christina and her long-time boyfriend Nick Reali got married on October 6, 2018 in California. All 5 of Christina's sisters were her maids of honor at the wedding.
- Important Haircut: Days after Lisa's 23rd birthday, she decided to chop off more than 20 inches of her long brown hair to signify a new chapter in her life in which she will stop hiding behind her hair.
- Large Ham: Lisa and Christina as seen in their Guess The Song Challenge.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: They're a group of six sisters with 5 additional brothers in the family.
- One-Word Title:
- On albums: "Alive".
- On original songs: "Delaney", "Boom", "Wings", "Renegade", "Headlights", "Bad", "Superstar"
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Amy (4'10" 1/2) hitting Katherine (5'9" 1/4) with a pillow in their 2nd Finish The Lyrics Challenge video.
- Raised Catholic: All 6 of them.
- Self Empowerment Anthem: Their original songs Renegade, You're Worth It, Worth The Fight, Alive, One More Night, Who Told You, Pretty Pink.
- Self-Titled Album: Their first EP, which just says the band name, although the girls also called it "Hello". Same goes for The CimFam EP, which has the name of their fandom.
- Shout-Out: In their original song If It Isn't You, Dani mentions how even Justin Bieber could ask her out on a date, but she would decline because Justin isn't anything like her ex.
- The Cover Changes the Gender: Their covers of Perfect by Ed Sheeran, Want To Want Me by Jason Derulo, Steal My Girl by One Direction.
- The Fashionista: Shared by Lisa, Lauren and Dani; Lauren is more interested on the outfits while Dani and Lisa are more interested on the makeup and hair as seen in their Youtube and Facebook videos on the subject.
- The Quiet One: Lauren is the most quiet out of all the sisters.
- Your Cheating Heart: A recurring theme in some of their original songs. Sad Girls Club itself is "Your Cheating Heart: the album", but with more female empowerment.