Christina Judith Perri (born August 19, 1986) is an American singer-songwriter and musician from Philadelphia. She's been performing since 2009.
Her song "Jar of Hearts" charted in the United States after it was featured on the Fox television show So You Think You Can Dance in 2010. Rolling Stone named her the "Band of the Week" on October 26, 2010. In 2011, "Jar of Hearts" was featured on the shows Glee (season 2, episode 20 "Prom Queen") and Switched at Birth (season 1, episode 4 "Dance Amongst Daggers"). One of her songs, "A Thousand Years", has been in the Twilight saga movie Breaking Dawn.
- The Ocean Way Sessions EP (2010)
- lovestrong. (2011)
- Head or Heart (2014)
Collecting your jar of tropes:
- Break Up Song: "Jar of Hearts" is about a person who wants to rekindle a broken relationshipAnd who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
- Dancing with Myself: Mentioned in the chorus of "The Lonely". The singer is dancing alone.Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can The Lonely take the place of you?
- Everything's Better with Penguins: "Penguin" compares one's soulmate to a penguin.
- Hope Springs Eternal: The main theme of "I Believe", learning how to keep looking forward even in the face of crushing dread, doubt, and loneliness.I believe that tomorrow is stronger than yesterday
and I believe that your head is the only thing in your way
I wish that you could see
your scars turned into beauty
I believe that today, it's okay to be not okay
- Lonely Piano Piece: "The Lonely" is entirely about this. It's just Christina and her piano singing about how all she has is the loneliness. Possibly subverted since the song is actually about her being in a relationship with loneliness.
- Rhyming with Itself: In the chorus of "Human" the word "down" rhymes with itself.