Celestial Navigations is a series of (kinda-sorta) Concept Albums where Geoffery Lewis tells short stories in first person backed by Ambient music. The genre and content of these stories varies from space racers in speed vehicles that can go to Mega-Lightspeed to janitors that help god run the universe (and accidentally cause some of the bible stories to happen in the process). Either way, hilarity (usually) ensues.
This page Needs Wiki Magic.
CelestialNavigations contains the following tropes:
- Concept Album
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: The narrator of The Winner reacts this way after he helps people out.
- Halfway Plot Switch: The Wimp switches from a story about a man who can't stand up for himself to one about a jungle being threatened by a killer. Though the latter is a dream by the former.
- Insignificant Little Blue Planet: The Coach finds a perfect counter for this trope: "Hey, listen here, dude. I've got the whole universe in my pocket, the size of a beebee, and I don't even remember which pocket!"
- Rousing Speech: Parodied in The Coach.
- Vigilante Man: The Protagonist of Vengance.
- War Is Hell: Prominent in several stories, but most prevelant in Rock and Roll and War
- What the Hell, Hero?: The protagonist of Intervention gets one of these from the Damsel in Distress whenever he saves her.
- What You Are in the Dark: The Dwarf.