"Que Quienes somos?" "¡CNCO!"
couter-clockwise from the top: Zabdiel, Richard, Erick, Christopher, Joel
CNCO is a five-member Latin-pop BoyBand
formed by Simon Cowell and signed to Sony Music Latin. The group was first formed back in 2015 from popular singing-competition tv show La Banda. Being the chosen five finalists from the over two thousand contestants on the show, the boys were critically acclaimed and made a fantastic first impression with their debut single "Reggaeton Lento" which was nominated for several awards and reached over a billion views on Youtube. Their subsequent albums have also been successful, including collaborations with other well-known artists such as Yandel, Little Mix
, and Prince Royce.
Tropes associated with CNCO:
- Big Eater: According to pretty much every interview held with the guys, Christopher eats the most out of them all.
- Bilingual Bonus: Naturally, being a Latin-American pop band. Most of their songs are primarily in Spanish, while one of the main english-speakers of the group (usually Richard) sings a verse or two in english.
- Comically Missing the Point: This tends to happen the most to Eric and Joel. For Eric, mostly any joke in English, and for Joel, double entendres, in Spanish. They've since gotten better in the respective languages.
- Multinational Team: Richard is Dominican-American, Joel is Mexican-American, Zabdiel is Puerto rican, Eric is Cuban, and Chris was born in the US, but spent most of his life in Ecuador.
- One Head Taller: Zabdiel always appears this way when standing side-to-side with his members. He's six feet tall.