Country Music singer from Paris, Illinois.
His debut single was "Raymond", a tender ballad about a woman with Alzheimer's. After this song and "It Ain't Gotta Be Love" both faltered on the charts, he scored his first #1 in late 2012-early 2013 with the upbeat "Don't Ya". This began a streak of major hits for him, including three more hit singles off his second album, Illinois. Both of his first two discs have a gold certification from the RIAA. A Christmas album, Glow, followed in 2016, and then a Self-Titled Album in 2017.
Eldredge is known for his rich baritone voice and while he primarily records soft ballads, he has included a few fun, upbeat songs on every album, such as "Somethin' I'm Good At" and "Lose My Mind".
- Bring You Back (2013)
- Illinois (2015)
- Glow (2016)
- Brett Eldredge (2017)
- Careful with That Axe: He screams halfway through "Somethin' I'm Good At".
- Christmas Songs: Glow
- Fake-Out Fade-Out: "Somethin' I'm Good At" has Brett saying "You thought it was over" as all the instruments cut out... only for another verse and chorus to kick in.
- Heavy Meta: "Wanna Be That Song" is about wanting to "be that song" that stirs emotions in his lover.
- Love Is a Drug: Referenced in "Drunk on Your Love":The second she walked through the door, I caught a buzz
One taste from your lips knocked me out just like a drug
- Love Makes You Crazy: "Lose My Mind":You make all my screws come loose
Got me perfectly confused
Always find a way to mess me up and drive me wild
I love the way you make me lose my mind
I feel the walls closing in inside this padded room
Only good thing about it is I'm locked in here with you
I'm always watching you, wondering what you'll do next
But my favorite part about it is, is I always have to guess
- Non-Indicative Name: "Mean to Me" is not about being unkind to the narrator, but rather about what his lover "means" to him.
- Shout-Out: "Lose My Mind" samples "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley.