Blood Red Shoes are an alternative rock duo from Brighton, England. Laura-Mary Carter (guitar and vocals) and Steven Ansell (drums and vocals) formed the band in 2004 after their previous bands broke up and they decided to "have a jam".
They founded their own label, Jazz Life, in 2014, and have helped launch the careers of bands such as Tigercub and Raketkanon.
Blood Red Shoes discography:Studio Albums
- Box of Secrets (2008)
- Fire Like This (2010)
- In Time to Voices (2012)
- Blood Red Shoes (2014)
- Water (2013)
- I'll Be Your Eyes (2007)
- Tied at the Wrist (2015) (Digital only)
Blood Red Shoes provides examples of these tropes!
- Miniscule Rocking: "Je Me Perds" clocks in at only 1:28, but still rocks as hard (maybe even harder) as their other songs.
- With no lyrics, the 1:51 long "Welcome Home" is even more this.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: They are mostly at levels 5 and 6, occasionally reaching a 7, which is quite heavy for an alternative rock band, though the garage rock and noise pop feel helps keep them this high. The aforementioned "Je Me Perds" is probably their heaviest song, being an 8, due to its hardcore punk sound and distorted screamed vocals.
- Non-Appearing Title: "Say Something, Say Anything" off of Box of Secrets.
- Precision F-Strike: BRS certainly aren't against swearing, but it's always perfectly placed rather than as a matter of course. A good example are the opening lines of "Say Something, Say Anything":The letters are held tight
A fucking theft in broad daylight
I see you there no hair out of place
- And from "An Animal":
I see that fucking look on your face
- Self-Titled Album: Their fourth album.