Avatar is a metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden, founded in 2001.
- Johannes Eckerström - lead vocals ( 2001present)
- Jonas "Kungen" Jarlsby - guitars ( 2001present)
- Tim Öhrström - guitars, backing vocals ( 2012present)
- Henrik Sandelin - bass, backing vocals ( 2001present)
- John Alfredsson - drums ( 2001present)
- 2006 - Thoughts of No Tomorrow
- 2007 - Schlacht
- 2009 - Avatar
- 2012 - Black Waltz note
- 2014 - Hail the Apocalypse
- 2016 - Feathers & Flesh
- 2018 - Avatar Country
- 2020 - Hunter Gatherer
Tropes associated with the band include:
- Body Horror: The fate of the three victims who try Eckerström's miracle tonic in the music video for "The Eagle Has Landed". The farmer's arms grow more than twice their normal length, the former bodybuilder regains his strength, but is covered with wounds, boils, and sores; and the young man literally offers his heart to his beloved by ripping it out of his chest.
- Concept Album: Feathers & Flesh and Avatar Country.
- Five-Man Band:
- Melodic Death Metal: Their early material.
- Nu Metal: Their later material.
- Snake Oil Salesman: The band plays as a group of this, with Eckerström as their leader, in the music video for "The Eagle Has Landed". Eckerström gives his miracle tonic to three unwitting victims: a farmer unable to reach the last apple at the top of a tree, an elderly former bodybuilder, and a man trying to offer his heart to a woman he's crushing on. The tonic proves successful, but with... nasty side effects. The three victims team up and ambush Eckerström, but just as they're about to kill him, his cronies show up in time to scare the victims away, posing as The Eagle. Eckerström laughs triumphantly.