Although a success upon release (though the title track always received mixed reviews, and "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" isn't exactly a well-loved song), and remains popular to this day with fans, the band has since expressed their dislike for the album.
- "Atom Heart Mother" (23:44)
- Father's Shout
- Breast Milky
- Mother Fore
- Funky Dung
- Mind Your Throats Please
- "If" (4:31)
- "Summer '68" (5:29)
- "Fat Old Sun" (5:22)
- "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" (13:00)
- Rise and Shine
- Sunny Side Up
- Morning Glory
- David Gilmour - lead vocals, guitar, bass, drums, percussion
- Nick Mason - drums, percussion, tape effects
- Roger Waters - lead vocals, bass, guitar, tape effects
- Richard Wright - lead vocals, keyboard, organ, mellotron, piano
Atom Trope Mother:
- Bookends: While the album itself lacks them, "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" begins and ends with a drip tap.
- Epic Rocking: The Title Track (23:44) and "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast". (13:00)
- Everything's Better with Cows: The Hipgnosis cover of this album.
- Instrumental: "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", "Atom Heart Mother".
- Granola Girl: In "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", Alan jokes about the macrobiotic food popular among hippies in Los Angeles at the time.
- Intercourse with You: "Summer '68".From your bed I gained a day and lost a bloody year
- Line-of-Sight Name: How the album and the suite got its title. Nick Mason spotted a newspaper headline about a pregnant woman who had been fitted with an atomic-powered pacemaker.
- Non-Appearing Title: The album title doesn't appear in any of the lyrics.
- Once an Episode: "If", "Summer '68", "Fat Old Sun".
- One-Word Title: "If".
- Psychedelic Rock: "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast".
- Sampling: The gunnery and motorbike sounds on the album.
- Scatting: The "Funky Dung" section in "Atom Heart Mother".
- Shaped Like Itself: During the "Atom Heart Mother" sound collage, a loud announcement declaring "This is a loud announcement!" can be heard.
- Spoken Word in Music: "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast".
- Take That: Roger Waters said that the album cover was meant as a take that against the Space Rock image they'd been associated with.
- Train Song: "If"If I were a train, I'd be late again
- Weird Moon: "If"If I were the moon, I'd be cool