She is best known for playing roles in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (Maddie Fitzpatrick), High School Musical (Sharpay Evans), Hellcats (Savannah Monroe), and Phineas and Ferb (Candace Flynn). She's also gone behind the cameras, having executive produced the Disney Channel Original Movie Cloud 9 starring Dove Cameron, Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, and the ABC Family series Young & Hungry.
Thanks to High School Musical, she signed a solo record deal with Warner (Bros.) Records in 2006. Her debut album Headstrong, was released in February 2007, and debuted at number five in the U.S. chart and sold 64,000 copies in the first week. It was later certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. A second studio album, Guilty Pleasure, was released in 2009.
She shares a daughter, Jupiter Iris, with husband Christopher French.
- Headstrong (2007)
- Guilty Pleasure (2009)
Notable film and television roles:
- Donnie Darko (2001)
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (2005-2008) as Maddie Fitzpatrick
- The High School Musical series (2006-2008) as Sharpay Evans
- Kim Possible as villainess Camille Leon
- Phineas and Ferb (2007-2015) as Candace Flynn (voice)
- Aliens in the Attic (2009)
- Hellcats (2010-2011)
- Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure (2011) as Sharpay Evans
- Scary Movie 5 (2013)
- Young & Hungry (producer) 2014-present
- Clipped (2015)
- Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch as Sabrina Spellman (voice)
- Skylanders Academy as Stealth Elf (voice)
- Daphne & Velma (2018) (executive producer with her sister Jennifer Tisdale)
Ashley Tisdale exhibits these tropes:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: "Hot Mess", "Erase and Rewind".
- Boobs-and-Butt Pose: In her Allure Magazine photo she posed completely nude with her body positioned so that her bare butt and the side of her left breast were showing while she looked over her shoulder back at the camera.
- Break Up Song: "Over It", "Delete You", "Overrated", "It's Alright, It's OK", "Erase And Rewind"
- Be Yourself: "Love Me For Me", "Suddenly", "Overrated", "Positivity", "Masquerade".
- Cover Song: She notably covered Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up
- Darker and Edgier: Ashley had been retaining a kid-friendly image for a while, but there were signs that she was ready to breakaway from her kid friendly image, as far as 2011, where it was announced that she was a fan of the Hangover movies. Then in 2012, it started to show even more, with images of her flipping the bird, and EVEN using the word "fuck" to the paparazzi. And in 2013, it was official, with Scary Movie 5 and the Maxim shoot, advertising it.
- In very late 2013, this has been toned down to extreme lengths to the point of where she was acting the way she did before 2012.
- Intercourse with You: "He Said She Said", "Headstrong", "Hair".
- In Da Club: "He Said She Said", "Headstrong", "Masquerade".
- Large Ham: She was the local Ham in HSM and is Candace Flynn. One wonders how she holds up her voice from the constant screaming.
- Averted as Savannah in Hellcats, where she managed to be a lot more restrained.
- Her role as Stealth Elf in Skylanders Academy is also primarily restrained, but still gets hammy on occasion.
- Ms. Fanservice: In most of her music videos, and as Bethany in Aliens in the Attic.
- Not to mention playing a freaking cheerleader.
- New Sound Album: Guilty Pleasure was a pop rock record.
- Rock Star Song: "Suddenly".
- She Is All Grown Up: Why she took part in Allure's annual nude celeb photo shoot ("I want people to notice I'm a grown woman"; she is 26). Although the fact she had her own offshoot Disney Channel movie reprising her High School Musical role just a few months later doesn't exactly help her cause.
- Though her more recent roles such as Sons of Anarchy seem to be pointing towards more adult.
- Silly Love Songs: "We'll Be Together", "Me Without You", "So Much For You"
- Song of Song Titles: "Suddenly" is a shout out to most of the prior tracks on Headstrong.
- Stalker with a Crush/ Hopeless Suitor: "Don't Touch".
- Spiritual Successor: To Britney Spears, music-wise. on her first album. Hilary Duff music wise on her second album and is technically a follow up behind Hilary after she started the trend of singing/songwriting/acting/producing coming from Disney.
- Title Track: Both albums thus far.
- Boys like woah