Alphabeat were a Danish pop band who existed between 2003 and 2013, and again from 2019-2021. Their music began as a fusion of 80s new wave and funk influences with a more modern pop production style, before experimenting with more modern dance genres. The group was notable for their UK success being the result of journalists being impressed with imported copies of the Danish album.
- In the Style of: "Fantastic Six" is very clearly inspired by Junior Senior, another Danish group who had had success in recent years.
- One-Steve Limit: Averted in that they had three different members called Anders. The band themselves found this quite amusing.
- Retraux: They ran on this, but their third album "Express Non-Stop" is a particular example as it sounds very 80s, several years before the synthwave scene really caught on.
- Self-Deprecation: "Don't Know What's Cool Anymore" is the band's admission that they are willfully out of step with current trends.
- Surprisingly Good English: Not uncommon for Nordic people, but Stine is of particular note as her speaking voice and patterns would pass for a native Brit. As well as in interviews, it can be heard at the start of "Go Go".