Alexander Igoryevich Rybak (or Alyaksandr Iharavich Rybak, born 13 May 1986 in Minsk, Belarus) is a Belarusian-Norwegian violinist, pianist, composer, writer and actor.
Rybak is best known for his participation in the Eurovision Song Contest, winning the 2009 edition with "Fairytale". His final score of 387 points was record-breaking at the time, and it remained unbeaten until a new voting system (which allowed for higher overall scores) was implemented in 2016.
Nearly a decade after his victory, Rybak was once again selected to represent Norway at Eurovision, returning to the competition with "That's How You Write A Song" in 2018.
Rybak has written a childrens' book, Trolle og den Magiske Fela (Trolle and the magic violin) which was recently adapted for the stage.
He also appeared on Let's Dance (the Swedish version of Dancing with the Stars), as well as the third season of Odin v Odin (the Russian version of Your Face Sounds Familiar), in which he placed second.
- Trolle og den Magiske Fela (2015)
- Fairytales (2009)
- No Boundaries (2010)
- Visa vid vindens ängar note (2011)
- Christmas-tales (2012)
- How to Train Your Dragon (Norwegian and Russian voice of Hiccup)
Alexander Rybak provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Bi: When talking about his cameo in Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, Alex joked that his goal in the movie was to flirt with Will Ferrell.
- Multiple Languages, Same Voice Actor: He voiced Hiccup in both the Norwegian and Russian dubs of the How to Train Your Dragon series.
- Mr. Fanservice: Very much.
- Genre-Busting: The Other Wiki describes his music as pop, classical and folk, among others.
- Older Than They Look: He was born in 1986.
- Omniglot - He speaks and sings in Norwegian, English, French and Russian, and is also competent in Swedish.
- Translated Cover Version - Several of his singles have Russian versions. He also covered "Fairytale" in French.
- Yandere: "Leave Me Alone" is the perspective of a victim of an insane Stalker with a Crush. This is actually based off a real event that happened to Alexander. He was stalked by an Israeli girl who called and texted him several times a day. He ended up taking serious measures to get away from her because she was causing him to suffer so much.