Aghora is a Progressive Metal band from Miami, Florida, formed in 1995 by guitarist Santiago Dobles. The vocals on their two albums are provided by two different women with clean singing styles - Danishta Rivero on their Self-Titled Album debut (2000) and Diana Serra on their 2006 follow-up, Formless. Their first album also featured Cynic band members Sean Malone and Sean Reinert. A hiatus and lineup shift brought King Diamond drummer Matt Thompson into the band. The band used several "softer" musical elements, including influences from Jazz and the music of India.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Alternates between 3 (their more jazz-oriented music) and 8.
- Their second album is generally slightly heavier, having become significantly thrashier
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Jazz meets Indian world music meets Progressive Metal.
- Subdued Section: The band's mix of Jazz, Indian music and metal.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: Aghora has both Jazz and metal-based songs.