Series are sorted by release date of first book.
Anno Dracula series: The following monsters reflect the dark world created after Dracula won and allowed vampires to reign supreme.
- Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Dracul himself, is the lord of all vampires and the rarely seen but always present Overarching Villain. Dracula started off as the brutal Impaler in life and would have thousands put to the stake out of bloodlust before becoming a prolific killer in undeath. Having killed Van Helsing and most of his allies, Dracula sets up a tyrannical vampire Police State in England by forcibly marrying Queen Victoria. Countless people are impaled or sent to the Tower to be tortured, with Dracula outlawing sodomy as a crime punishable by death. Allowing his vampire followers to murder and rape with impunity, Dracula presides over a court where innocents are regularly torn apart in an orgy of blood as Victoria is forced to watch. Later starting World War I in all its bloody glory, Dracula later returns from the dead to destroy his rivals and resume his role as king of the undead.
- Anno Dracula (first novel): Vardalek is a twisted member of the Carpathian Guard in England. A serial child-killing pedophile, Vardalek is caught by heroine vampire Genevieve Dieudonne while forcibly taking a little boy from his father to molest and devour, which he has done to numerous little boys before. Humiliated by Genevieve, Vardalek tries to have her killed, and is later caught raping and feeding from another child with another corpse nearby.
- One Thousand Monsters: Lieutenant Majin is a servant of the Taira no Masakado and Enma-Ou in Japan. Seeking to raise his masters for Hell on Earth, Majin brutally runs the ghetto Yokai Town, having disgraced people from Japan sent to the ghetto to have them commit seppuku or be torn apart by the monsters so he can feast on their fear and pain. Turning Yokai and vampires against one another to cause bloodshed to feed his power, Majin intends to cause an earthquake and bury all of Tokyo before unleashing hellish nightmares upon the world.
- Anno Dracula 1999: Daikaiju: Jun Zero is a sociopathic hacker who savors causing pain to others, causing death, ruining lives and even stealing from orphanages to distribute the money to the wealthy. Seeking to hijack the plan of Christina Light to ascend to godhood at the new millennium, Jun Zero manipulates others at the Daikaiju building while intending to seize upon the ascension. Once done, he plots to turn the Earth into a killing field where all that lives will be subject to torture and death at his hands until the world has ended.
- "Act I: The Marriage Club" & "Act V: Deluge": Countess Cagliostro is an Evil Sorceress named Antinea who is a descendant of the lost civilization of Atlantis. Cagilostro desires control over the world and attempts in her first appearance to Kill and Replace dozens of high ranking-officials with her dolls to seize control and later attempts to have the Angels sent against her killed by being dipped in hot wax. Beaten, she assembles various defeated but surviving enemies of the Agency and has the city of Paris flooded, killing hundreds while she lets her minions wreak havoc. Murdering Erik's best friend The Persian to hurt and draw him out, Antinea kidnaps his beloved Angels Irene Adler and Kate Reed, intending along with Assolant to kill them in front of him to cause him pain. Intending to overthrow the French government, Antinea plans to launch a missile into the city which could kill thousands before having Assolant's forces help her seize control of France and crown herself empress. Beaten by Erik, she tries to murder him and one of his Angels as a final act of spite and sends Erik and herself to an apparent watery doom.
- "Act III: Guignol": Georges Du Roy is a psychopathic newspaper mogul and leader of the Red Circle. Learning that he loved violence and evil during the events of Bloody Week, Du Roy helps found and cover for the members of the Red Circle, helping them unleash a wave of torture, rape and murder on the city for fun. A fervid anti-Semite, Du Roy is also behind a smear campaign against the Jewish soldier Dreyfus and incites riots against the Jewish population of Paris, leading to innocent Jews being burned on the streets. Du Roy, along with the rest of the Red Circle, also forces and kidnaps young women into their grand act where they torture them to death for fun and intend to make Kate Reed their latest victim, all while forcing the master of the theatre Guignol to watch.
- "Act III: Guignol" & "Act V: Deluge": General Assolant is a psychotic French general infamous both for his brutality and blundering and is one of the key members of the Red Circle, having innocents kidnapped to be tortured to death for the Red Circle's enjoyment. Upon being beaten by the Opera Ghost Agency, Assolant nurses a grudge for decades and later joins forces with Cagliostro/Antinea in order to get revenge, helping her flood the city and killing hundreds, and personally killing and plundering Paris, killing dozens more. Capturing the Angels Irene Adler and Kate Reed, Assolant and Antinea plan to murder them in front of him to cause him great plan, and Assolant will use his forces to overthrow the French government in violent revolution in order to put Antinea on the throne, killing multitudes so Assolant profits.