Dr. Sam Loomis: Why now?
Wynn: Because you were the first one to see it. You recognized its power. Evil. Pure, uncorrupted, ancient...
Loomis: You are a madman.
Wynn: I have my plans for this baby. Jamie's baby, will be the dawn of a new age. And I'm asking you to join me.
Loomis: I thought Michael was a monster, but you...
The Halloween franchise, beginning in 1978, greatly influenced the Slasher Movie genre. While Michael Myers himself reigns as the quintessential monster of the series, there are others equally as heinous.
- Michael Myers, aka "The Shape", is a masked, cold-blooded Serial Killer with a fondness for carving knives. In the first film, after killing his sister at the age of six, Michael breaks out of prison as an adult and goes on a killing spree through his hometown of Haddonfield. He's stopped, but the horror doesn't end there. While the timeline diverges from then on, one thing remains constant: Michael repeatedly returns, making numerous attempts on Laurie Strode, whatever family she might have, and anybody else who gets in his way. Incapable of feeling empathy, and driven by a loathing of seemingly everybody he encounters, the unstoppable and perpetually silent Michael Myers helped define the slasher movie villain, and remains one of the most bone-chillingly evil.
- In the 1981 sequel, Michael Myers pursues Laurie, his sister in this continuity, to a local hospital, massacring the staff before attacking Laurie again. From there, the timeline diverges again:
- 4-6 timeline: Michael reawakens from a decade long coma, now out to kill his young niece, Jamie, and those who get in his way. He taunts Dr. Loomis of his return, and massacres the police station. Eventually, Michael kills those who get close to Jamie to torment her, such as her foster sister Rachel, and her friends, taunting Jamie with the bodies of his victims. In the theatrical cut of the sixth film, Michael is theorized to be under a curse, but it is shown that instead Michael's rage is what drives him. Michael forcibly impregnated a now-teenage Jamie and mocks a previous moment of humanity towards her by pretending to have been reached out to a second time, only to gruesomely kill her, before killing members of the Strode family. With the Cult of Thorn, seeking to aid and control him to study his evil, Michael eventually slaughters them too before resuming his hunt for Jamie's baby Steven.
- H20 timeline: Twenty years after his original rampage, Michael tracks Laurie to a boarding school in California, killing several students and Laurie's boyfriend before trying to kill her and her son John. While seemingly killed by Laurie, it is revealed that he escaped by crushing a paramedic's larynx and switching clothes with him, leaving the man to die in his place. Michael then tracks Laurie to an insane asylum where he finally kills her. Afterwards, when a reality TV crew starts filming in his childhood home, Michael attacks and kills nearly all of the crew and contestants out of annoyance with their intrusion.
- Season of the Witch: Conal Cochran is the CEO of Silver Shamrock Novelties, a company known for its Halloween masks, which it shipped all over the United States. Cochran had built these masks with a computer chip made from a fragment of Stonehenge. When Silver Shamrock's commercial would air on Halloween night, the chip was to unleash a lethal swarm of insects and snakes, killing the wearer and anyone in the immediate vicinity. Cochran is shown demonstrating how these masks work on an innocent family, causing them to be poisoned and eaten. His plan is to kill thousands of children all over the country, partially to bring back the darker aspects of the Celtic festival Samhain, which he connects to witchcraft, but also just because he considers this mass murder to be a fun joke, the best ever in fact, because it's a joke on the children.
- The Curse of Michael Myers theatrical cut: Dr. Terence Wynn is revealed to be as monstrous as Michael himself. Wynn uses the ancient Cult of Thorn as a front for his experiments, using Michael's DNA to create evil in its purest form by impregnating female patients of Smith's Grove Sanitarium with Michael's DNA, most resulting in stillbirths. It is also discovered Wynn helped mentor Michael into being the killer he is today, and helped him escape in the first movie. In the previous movie, Wynn followed Michael in his killing spree, and blew up a police station before abducting Michael's niece Jamie and escaping with Michael. After Jamie successfully births a new baby, Steven, Wynn plans on making Steven the next cycle of evil, and even forms a fascination with Danny Strode, trying to get him to become a killer too.
- 2018 film & Kills: Michael Myers, forty years after his original killing spree, escapes from a crashed prison bus, killing several people, including a young boy, just to retrieve his mask. Beginning a new spree, Michael breaks into several homes to butcher their residents throughout the night, as well as the friends of Laurie's granddaughter, Allyson. After stomping his psychiatrist's head in and killing Allyson's father, Michael is left to burn by Laurie, Allyson, and Karen. Surviving that, Michael escalates his killing spree by slaughtering responding firefighters and the mob formed by Tommy Doyle; killing Tommy himself; makes Allyson watch as he brutalizes and kills her boyfriend, before murdering her mother Karen. With at least thirty kills in the span of a night, Michael would prop their bodies as morbid decorations and show that age has not slowed his brutality.
- Kelly O'Rourke's trilogyTitles : Michael Myers is the same brutal killer of Haddonfield as ever. Frequently returning to butcher teenagers, Michael kills Haddonfield's mayor and attempts to burn down the attraction in City Hall with multiple teens inside. Michael returns to slaughter everyone he encounters, terrorizing a girl for residing in his old house and murdering her friends, before returning again to the old sanitarium he was confined in to massacre a documentary crew.
- Chaos! Comics seriesTitles : Michael Myers, as always, is the epitome of evil. After murdering his older sister at the age of six, Michael was sent to a mental institution where he tortured and murdered everyone unfortunate enough to cross his path, including boiling a fellow child to death because they took some of his birthday cake. Following the events of the second film, Michael begins stalking Tommy Doyle, once again sadistically tormenting and killing everyone he sees along the way, including decapitating someone and throwing it at their friend just to traumatize them. Even after Laurie kills him, Michael has tormented her so much that she undergoes a psychotic break and begins killing in his method, her mind long since broken from his actions.
- Halloween H20 timeline comics, by Stefan Hutchinson et al Titles : Michael Myers, as a child, would fantasize about stabbing his mother when she was pregnant with Laurie. Before tracking Laurie down, Michael went on a huge murder spree, where he decapitates a beauty pageant winner; murders an elementary school teacher, then strings her up for her students to find; shoves razor blades into Halloween candy; and scoops a reporter's eyes out before replacing them with film rolls. Michael torments a dying Dr. Loomis by torturing a friend of his in front of him and leaving them to die. A year after Resurrection, Michael goes on yet another killing spree, where he slashes a child's throat; kills numerous people in horrific ways, such as hollowing a woman's skull to make a jack-o'-lantern; tricks the police into killing a man under the illusion he was Michael; and follows this up by burying one of his more evasive victims alive after stripping her naked.