And they beat two supernatural beings without relying on kryptonite.
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. Explanation The explanation behind the meme.
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- "So what are we, some kind of Suicide Squad?"Explanation A slightly misquoted line that's used to poke fun at ham-fisted Title Drops. It's usually snowcloned as "...some kind of [other title]?", especially if that title isn't grammatically correct in the sentence.
- "Behold, the voice of God."Explanation An exploitable scene of Rick Flag holding up a tablet with Amanda Waller on it, with Amanda Waller's face getting replaced by whoever is considered as "God".
- "[X] is Jason Todd!" Explanation A way of mocking the absurdity of the pre-release Epileptic Tree that this movie's Joker would be Jason Todd.
- "This is Katana. She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." Explanation Flag's introduction of Katana. The poor exposition and awkward line delivery been compared to the opening of The Dark Knight Rises and used similarly to Baneposting.
- "Here comes Slipknot, the man who can climb anything." Explanation Given that the character otherwise receives no character development to speak of and his abilities are never shown in detail, many fans have jokingly taken this description as gospel, and claim his skill set is that he can climb ANYTHING.
- When Slipknot was first revealed for the movie, due to his relative obscurity and the fact that he shares his name with a very well-known metal band, making references to Slipknot when he was brought up was very commonplace.
- Suicide Squad has an Oscar, let that sink in/Suicide Squad has more Oscars than X Explanation After the movie won the Academy Award for Best Makeup, critics of the film started using these phrases to express disbelief that a movie whose quality has been so hotly debated managed to win an Academy Award (albeit a technical Oscar, and a minor one at that) while other, much better received films didn't even get nominated. Similarly, it also sprung jokes about how the win means that Marvel is officially screwed.
- Also born out of this is a stereotype of DC fans pedantically insisting the movie's Oscar win be mentioned every single time it's brought up.
- That's "Academy Award-Winning Suicide Squad" to you!/You mean, "Academy Award-Winning Suicide Squad"?
- “She was fearless, and crazier than him. She was his queen, and God help anyone who disrespected his queen.” Explanation A misquoted line from Waller's introduction of the Joker and Harley Quinn, which was soon used in parody edits of unlikely pairings.
- "Fuck Marvel!" Explanation David Ayer repeated the fans' shouts of "Fuck Marvel!" at the film's premiere and, although he quickly apologized, his quote was still brought up as a sign of the Fandom Rivalry spilling into the actual creators on DC's side. Jai Courtney reprised the line in a promotional interview for The Suicide Squad.
- DAMAGED Explanation One of the Joker’s tattoos, depicted on his forehead. Wildly mocked for its cringiness.
- Gang Weed Explanation An ironic meme group which parodies edgy gamers and incels which prominently uses Leto’s Joker, although it began in the days of Ledger's Joker and is arguably still more associated with him.