- Orson Krennic: "Are we BLIND!? DEPLOY THE MEMES!"
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- Rouge One Explanation
- Lies! Deception! Explanation
- Bor Gullet will know the truth! Explanation
- Darth Vader: Drama Queen Explanation
- Also "Darth Vader is so Extra." Explanation
- Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, director. Explanation
- WE STAND HERE AMIDST MY ACHIEVEMENT, NOT YOURS!Explanation
- ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON!Explanation
- DEPLOY THE <Insert object here>. Explanation
- Sir! We just detected a massive object emerging from hyperspace! Explanation
- I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.Explanation
- "BITCH! I saw you leaving Scarif ten minutes ago!" Explanation
- "Oh, It's beautiful." Explanation
- "Oh, here comes [X] back from the dead. It's a miracle."Explanation
- "Cassian said I had to." Explanation
- Treating "many Bothans die" as a spoiler despite the line referencing intel gathering for the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, not this one. This has led to the memetic correction that "They're saving Bothans for Rogue Two." or general jokes that the protagonists of Rogue Two will be Bothans.
- "No Bothans were harmed during the making of Rogue One", which has come as a response to the misquote above.
- One of Jyn's lines from the original trailer: "This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel", especially among the detractors for the trailers.
- After the second trailer, a surprisingly large amount of people (most likely brought into the fandom by the hype for The Force Awakens) kept asking if Rogue One was the sequel to TFA, despite the fact that the trailers obviously show the original Death Star, the Empire, the Rebellion, and other OT-era elements. This led to a large amount of people mocking them by pretending to ask why everyone from TFA has been recast, or asking why Darth Vader has been brought back from the dead.
- A poster for the film's sequel has been leaked, apparently.
- The internet collectively decided that the reason Vader wasn't participating in the ground battle at Scarif is because he doesn't like sand.
- Vader's single absolutely terrible pun in the film has led to reimagining the original trilogy with Vader telling dad jokes all the time."OH SORRY SON"
"CAN I LEND YOU A"
- "We were on the verge of greatness, we were this close."Explanation
- "Save the Rebellion. Save the dream!"Explanation
- "I find that answer vague and unconvincing" Explanation
- With the revelation that Galen Erso purposefully engineered the Death Star's weakness, some have gone on to joke that Galen was also responsible for the Empire's other questionable design choices.
- "Pulling a Rogue One" has become fandom shorthand for killing off your entire cast in a similar manner to "pulling a Red Wedding" or "pulling a George R. R. Martin".
- "Farming, really? A man of your talents?"Explanation
- "(Insert job here), really? A man of your talents?"Explanation
- Rogue One being the real suicide squad. Explanation
- "Congratulations, you are being rescued. Please do not resist." Explanation
- The texture of Jabba. Explanation