Sheev: Are you threatening me, Master Troper?
Windu: TV Tropes will decide your fate.
Sheev: I am TV Tropes!
Windu: Not. Yet.
Sheev: It's treason, then...
In general, Revenge of the Sith is likely the most memetic of all Star Wars films, especially after the massive surge the memes had in early 2017, to the point that an entire subreddit was created just for them (and for prequel memes in general).
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- Just about anything Obi-Wan says:
- "Chancellor, Sith Lords are our specialty." *proceeds to get KO'd only minutes into a fight with said Sith Lord*
- Obi-Wan's one-liner after crashing Grievous' ship: "Another happy landing."
- Obi-Wan's line "Oh, I don't think so."
- Obi-Wan's line "Oh no, I'm not brave enough for politics" is frequently used whenever some schmuck shamelessly brings politics into a non-political group/conversation.
- "Not to worry, we're still flying half a ship."
- "Hello There."
- "So uncivilized."
- "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground." It Makes Sense in Context, but it sounds silly anyway.
- Also because some like to note that it's odd for Obi-Wan of all people to say this, since he himself overcame this disadvantage against Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. Though that has actually strengthened the meme further, leading to people claiming that the High Ground is somehow automatically with Obi-Wan whatever he does.
- One redittor has proposed that Obi Wan had used his experience against Darth Maul to prepare for a similar event if he ever found himself in a situation where the tables are turned - in other words, he wasn't so much saying it because it offered him a tactical advantage, but rather, he was so prepared to deal with an attack from the low ground that attacking him from the low ground was pointless.
- Anakin's reply: "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!!"
- "Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this?" "Apparently not."Explanation
- Anakin's Pre Ass Kicking One Liner in the opening battle: "This is where the fun begins." Also a Call-Forward to Han Solo saying the same thing in the original. The version from the Chinese bootleg, "game time started", has also become popular.
- Pretty much every line spoken by Palpatine in this movie becomes memes of varying popularity
- At one point during the duel with Dooku, Palpatine nonsensically yells something like, "GET-" as though he's (badly) pretending to cheer on the Jedi.
- When Anakin has Count Dooku at his mercy, Palpatine implores Anakin to kill him in a very forceful way, specifically using the phrase "DO IT!" fiercely. After Game Grumps made fun of the scene (showcased through these videos), it's hard for one to take it seriously.
- Alternatively spelled "Dew It," which has spawned its own memes involving Palpatine and Mountain Dew.
- Mace Windu's line, "You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of master." followed by the line "Take a seat, young Skywalker." after Anakin's outburst.
Vader: The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet.Luke: Yeah, if only we had a Master from the Council here, they could make me a Jedi.Vader: *pointing* Now listen here, you little shit...
- Later expanded to have multiple characters poking at Vader for not being a master.
Obi-Wan: This was your father's lightsaber. It was the weapon of a Jedi Knight. But not a Jedi Master. Your father never reached the rank of Master.
Obi-Wan: I was once a Jedi Knight like your father. But then, I became a Jedi Master.
- Obi-Wan's entrance line of "Hello there." when confronting Grievous.
- "Ah, General [insert word that rhymes with "Kenobi"], you are a bold one".
- "General Reposti!" Explanation
- You Fool! I've been trained in your [X] arts by Count Dooku! Explanation
- "Ah, General [insert word that rhymes with "Kenobi"], you are a bold one".
- Count Dooku's line "I've been looking forward to this." and when Anakin mentions that his powers have doubled, Dooku says:"Good, twice the pride, double the fall."
- General Grievous' boast, "Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection." Followed by him opening his cloak to reveal only one lightsaber, making him look like rather a novice collector.
- "Time to abandon ship!"Explanation
- The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.Explanation
Obi-Wan: Did you ever hear the Jedi can become Force Spirit after they died?
- Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? Explanation
- Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself. Explanation
- Not from a Jedi.Explanation
- To create... life.Explanation
- Fans also create a variant where the conversation ends with "not from the Sith", such as:
Obi-Wan: I thought not. It's not a power the Sith would teach you.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
Obi-Wan: Not from the Sith.
- Palpatine's response to Mace Windu placing him under arrest. "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?".
- Typically followed by "The Senate will decide your fate."
- I am the Senate! Palpatine says this during his confrontation with Mace Windu in Revenge of the Sith. Certain parts of the Internet jokingly took it literally and started calling Palpatine "the Senate".
- "Not. Yet." Mace's deadpan response to the above.
- Palpatine follows this up by saying, "It's treason, then." Followed by a spinning corkscrew leap over his desk toward the Jedi, while making a weird gargling sound like he has heartburn.
- Actually, screw it. The entire exchange is one of the most quotable ones in an already very quotable film.
- Palpatine: POOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! UUNNNLIMITEDDDD POOOOOOOOWWWWWWWAAAHHH!! Explanation
- Palpatine giving the famous command "Execute Order 66" to his clone army.
- Palpatine's New Era Speech establishing The Empire, of a sort. Go on any YouTube video of it. Take a shot for every comment comparing some politician/speech to Palpatine/the speech. You'll develop alcohol poisoning before the night's out.
- "The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed". Explanation
- "I have seen a security hologram of him ... killing younglings!" Explanation
- A particularly egregious example of That Makes Me Feel Angry: "Anakin... you're breaking my heart!"
- Which is occasionally followed up with Dont be silly, Padme. Its pronounced neck! or something along those lines.
- You underestimate my power! Explanation
- "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." Ignoring the fact that this very line is an absolute. "Only a Sith is so extremist," the less incoherent variation used in the European Spanish dub, was used for a long time in Spain in lighthearted political debates to point out a sign of ideological zealotry.
- Obi-Wan's a Sith Lord? Explanation
- "From my point of view, THE JEDI ARE EVIL!" Which morphed into, "From my point of view, (insert phrase) IS EVIL!" Most commonly, "From my point of view, the younglings are evil!" or "From my point of view, SAND IS EVIL!" note
- "WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!"
- You were the Chosen One! Explanation
- "I HATE YOU! GIVE MY LIGHTSABER TO MY SON AND TELL HIM DARTH VADER KILLED ME!"note
- "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you! That's why I'm going to give your lightsaber to your son because you might have wanted him to have it anyway!"Explanation
- Annie, Annie, are you okay?Explanation
- Darth Vader's Big "NO!" scene.Explanation
- Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" has since been used as a way (mostly in jest) to show great disapproval over things on forums and message boards.
- The NO part also spawned a different famous meme thanks to a cheap Chinese bootleg of the movie having horribly translated subtitles in English. During the scene the "no" was translated as "Do not want!" which quickly became a reaction comment towards unwanted things or gross images.
- "Do Not Want". Explanation
- "What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Explanation
- The aforementioned massive influx of prequel memes led to memes that seemed to be of just about every line in the Star Wars universe, which naturally became its own kind of topic◊.
- "Henceforth, you shall be know as Darth.... [insert random word that rhymes with "Vader"']"
- "I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend." Explanation
- "I'm sorry, Sir. It's time for you to leave."Explanation
- "I see through the lies of the Jedi!" Explanation
- "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" Explanation
- "I have become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of." Explanation
- "I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Explanation
- "YOUR new Empire? Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic! TO DEMOCRACY! Explanation
- The Chinese bootleg version of the film, known as Star War the Third Gathers: Backtroke of the West has spawned a bunch of memes due to its hilariously bad English translations.
- Game time started. Explanation
- He is in my behind! Explanation
- DO NOT WANT!! Explanation
- R2, do you is fucking? Explanation
- The Disgusting Thing Came. Explanation
- Friend you are crazy! Explanation
- You two careful, he is a big. Explanation
- Mr. Speaker, we are for the big.
- The Geography that I stands compares you superior. Explanation
- You underrated my ability!
- Is! Explanation
- Did you heard the tragedy that reach the man? I think to be too is not. I think that the hopeless situation elder also can't. That is a legend. Reaching the man cloth space is the emperor. He is so strong and big he even can use the original dint to create life. He is very deep to black influence understanding. The black influence can the matter that many supermans. But other people thinks that these are what can't attains. He become more and more strong and big. Lost his power afterwards afterwards he died. In fact he teaches own the whole skills all to disciple. Then his land killed him to let him going to bed. Satirizing the meaning is he can let other people, but is incapable for dint to the oneself. Explanation
- "Sith Lords are our speciality" with a collage of every time Obi Wan gets owned◊.
- "Hold on, this whole operation was your idea."Explanation
- General Grievous: "Your memes will make fine additions to my collection."