Sheev: Are you threatening me, Master Troper?
Windu: TV Tropes will decide your fate.
Sheev: I am TV Tropes!
Windu: Not. Yet.
Sheev: It's treason, then...
Revenge of the Sith may be the most memetic of all Star Wars films, especially after the memes got a massive surge in early 2017. An entire subreddit was created just for them and other prequel memes. Obi-Wan in particular is a Fountain of Memes.
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- "Hello there!" Explanation
- The appropriate response: "General Kenobi!" Explanation
- "Ah, General [insert word that rhymes with "Kenobi"], you are a bold one!" Explanation
- "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground." Explanation
- Obi-Wan has the high ground. Explanation
- "Sith Lords are our speciality." [immediate defeat] Explanation
- "Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!" // "Apparently not." Explanation
- "Not to worry, we're still flying half a ship." Explanation
- "Another happy landing." Explanation
- "Oh no, I'm not brave enough for politics." Explanation
- "So uncivilized." Explanation
- "I have seen a security hologram of him ... killing younglings!" Explanation
- "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." Explanation
- "You have become the very thing you swore to destroy." Explanation
- "You were the Chosen One!" Explanation
- "You have done that yourself."Explanation
- "DO IT!" Explanation
- "Dew It!" Explanation
- "Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?" Explanation
- Quotes from this story were used pre-The Last Jedi to mock some of the more ridiculous Snoke theories, especially ones like Snoke being Plagueis, Vader, or Jar Jar.
- Did you ever hear of the story of Darth Vectivus the Boring? I thought not. Explanation
- "To create... life." Explanation
- "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." Explanation
- Apparently so memetic that it's directly called back to in The Rise of Skywalker when Palpatine repeats his own line. Explanation
- "Ironic; he could save others from death, but not himself." Explanation
- "Is it possible to learn this power?" // "Not from a Jedi." Explanation
- Fans create variants where a different character asks about learning a power, or where Anakin speaks to another character and the conversation ends with "not from a Sith", such as:Obi-Wan: Did you ever hear that Jedi can become Force Spirits after they die?
Obi-Wan: I thought not. It's not a power the Sith would teach you.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
Obi-Wan: Not from a Sith.
- Fans create variants where a different character asks about learning a power, or where Anakin speaks to another character and the conversation ends with "not from a Sith", such as:
- "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" Explanation
- "POWAH! UNLIMITED POWAH!" Explanation
- "Henceforth, you shall be know as Darth... [insert random word]" Explanation
- "Execute Order 66." Explanation
- "Execute Order 69."
- Palpatine's New Era Speech establishing The Empire and how the internet responds to it. Explanation
- "The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed". Explanation
- "I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend." Explanation
- Darth Vader's Big "NO!" (clip). Explanation
- "This is where the fun begins." Explanation
- "Hold on, this whole operation was your idea." Explanation
- "I have become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of." Explanation
- "I see through the lies of the Jedi!" Explanation
- "I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Explanation
- "Your new Empire? Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic! TO DEMOCRACY!" Explanation
- "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Explanation
- "From my point of view, [insert phrase] is evil!"
- "From my point of view, the younglings are evil!" or "From my point of view, sand is evil!" Explanation
- "You underestimate my power!" Explanation
- "You underestimate the power of the dark side." Explanation
- "Your [X] will make a fine addition to my collection." Explanation
- Video edits of Grievous swooping in to claim any lightsaber that's dropped in the movies (or bloopers) for himself, such as the lightsaber Kylo Ren tosses in The Rise of Skywalker.
- "Time to abandon ship!" Explanation
- "You Fool! I've been trained in your [X] arts by Count Dooku!" Explanation
- "You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of master" and "Take a seat, young Skywalker." Explanation
- Image edits of multiple characters poking at Vader for never becoming a Jedi master:Vader: The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet.
Luke: Yeah, if only we had a Master from the Council here, they could make me a Jedi.
Vader: [pointing] Now listen here, you little shit...
Obi-Wan: This was your father's lightsaber. It was the weapon of a Jedi Knight. But not a Jedi Master. Your father never reached the rank of Master.
Obi-Wan: I was once a Jedi Knight like your father. But then, I became a Jedi Master.
Luke: I am a Jedi. Like my father before me.
The Emperor: Your father was on the Council. But he was never granted the rank of Jedi Master.
Vader: [Cue Vader's HeelFace Turn]
"At least you're a master at getting caught."
- Image edits of multiple characters poking at Vader for never becoming a Jedi master:
- "You're going to kill him, aren't you?" Explanation
- "Anakin... you're breaking my heart!" Explanation
- Following this up with Anakin saying something like: "Don't be silly, Padmé. It's pronounced neck'!"
- "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" Explanation
- Master Skywalker Explanation
- "I'm sorry, Sir. It's time for you to leave." Explanation
- "What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Explanation
- "What about the Wookiee attack on the droids?"
- "I don't remember askin' you a goddamn thing!", a quote from another Samuel L. Jackson character, is frequently used as Windu's response in parodies of this scene.
- "What about the clones' attack on the Jedi?"
- "What about twonote Jedi attack on the clones?"
- Grievous separating his arms to multi-wield. Explanation
- A mutated version in 2020 started as a Running Gag by Reddit user u/Thibson34 where he would take a picture of Grievous wielding his lightsabers and add one unique lightsaber (and arm) every day, before culminating in this video.
- Similar edits with other characters, such as Darth Maul having thirty-nine lightsaber blades.
- Obi-Wan's a Sith Lord? Explanation
- "I HATE YOU! GIVE MY LIGHTSABER TO MY SON (AND TELL HIM DARTH VADER KILLED ME!)" Explanation
- "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you! That's why I'm going to give your lightsaber to your son because you might have wanted him to have it anyway!" Explanation
- "Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?" Explanation
- "Do Not Want." explanation
- "Game time started." Explanation
- "Did you heard the tragedy that reach the man?" Explanation