Yurika's Campus Life (Yurika no Campus Life) is a five-volume manga created by Harada Shigemitsu and Seguchi Takahiro which caters to the Yuri Genre and Ecchi-lovers. It was serialized in Young Animal from 2010 to 2013.
Yurika is already unlucky enough to be stuck with the rumour of sleeping with over half of the 10,000 attendees in Hakusen Women's University, a girls-only college with a long history of lesbian love. This rumor is incredibly mortifying to Yurika and seriously damages her chances of ever getting a boyfriend. Not that it matters because, for some unexplained reason, she's completely irresistible to women regardless of sexual orientation whilst simultaneously turning off all men who had ever laid their eyes on her.
As if her life couldn't get any worse, Yurika gets a call from her Dad to let her know that his company went bankrupt. He then suggests prostituting herself around her university by charming the way into women's hearts. She obviously objects to this but without a reliable source of income and no other option, Yurika milked her money's worth of her unwanted persona as a masterful lesbian lover.
Yurika's Campus Tropes:
- 10-Minute Retirement: After winning back Saori's heart from the womanizing playboy Sudou in the final chapter, Yurika planned on retiring her gigolette lifestyle. However, less than two pages later, she's back on the wagon upon receiving the exorbitant bills she and her father racked up during the 'Love Cruise' arc. Guess a gigolette's work is never done.
- Accidental Pornomancer: Yurika starts out like this, somehow bedding every woman she meets accidentally. Due to her rather tight economical situation, she quickly takes hold of her potential and starts seducing the women in her campus into giving her food and a place to stay, effectively crossing over into regular pornomancy.
- The weird aspect of Yurika's Pornomancy is that it only works on women; men recognize her as beautiful, yet somehow do not find her attractive. The main issue with this is that Yurika is, as stated, straight and actually wants a boyfriend.
- Character Title: It's a story about our protagonist Yurika and her (outlandish) life around campus so of course the manga is titled Yurika's Campus Life
- Chick Magnet: The title character herself.
- Incompatible Orientation: For all her finesse and sexual exploits with women, Yurika's one true desire is finding a man to lust after him and his money. That's right, our main protagonist is straight.
- It Runs in the Family: Turns out Yurika's irresistible charm towards women is inherited from her father who's on par with or even outmatched her in the battlefield of female romance.
- Japanese Delinquents: Yurika had to deal with these back in chapter 8 where one of the dormitory residents, rumoured to be the daughter of a yakuza, caused unrest with her gang. Afraid of the others moving out and losing her source of income, Yurika seduces the delinquent (and the rest of her all-female gang) into obedience.
- Missing Mom: While her father appears periodically, Yurika's mother is nowhere to be found and is never mentioned at all throughout the manga's run. It's speculated she left Yurika's dad sometime after Yurika was born because of his womanizing behavior.
- One-Gender School: Yurika goes to an all-women's college. Naturally, this leads to a lot of lesbian antics and hinders Yurika's efforts to find a boyfriend.
- Only Has Same-Sex Admirers: Yurika becomes a gigolette in a girls-only college, seducing, conquering the hearts and bedding every woman she encountered with the simplest of ease. The only problem is she considers herself to be straight and desperately wishes to have a boyfriend. However, despite her stunning beauty, the opposite sex considers Yurika to be unattractive for reasons they themselves can't explain and don't have the slightest interest in her, the complete opposite of her luck with the same sex.
- Status Quo Is God: When it looks like Yurika finally catches a break on her boyfriend pursuit, expect the male love interest to not actually be romantically interested in her or opportunities for such to go up in flames. Putting her woefully back at square one.
- Yuri Genre: This manga is definitely catered to the genre although it borderlines on being a parody of it.