The Sakimiya sisters, comprising of Ryou, Serina, Yuika, and Mizuki, all run their own lives separately, which also includes their respective romances.
Ryou Sakimiya has a Teacher/Student Romance towards Hikari, one of her students. Serina Sakimiya, an Office Lady, has an initial Unrequited Love towards Sakuraba, her superior. Yuika Sakimiya, a student, is in a Childhood Friend Romance with Miu, her childhood friend. Mizuki Sakimiya is in a relationship with Tachibana, her senpai.
This manga contains examples of:
- Above the Influence: When Sakuraba drunkenly offers to kiss Serina, Serina says she's not against it, but wants her to do it when Sakuraba is sober. After Sakuraba forgets what happened, Serina regrets not taking advantage of the opportunity.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Yuika and Miu have been friends since they were little, and recently fell in love.
- First-Name Basis:
- Ryou calls Hikari by her first name, which is highly unusual for a Japanese teacher.
- In the final chapter, Sakuraba, who'd called Serina "Sakimiya-san" for most of the manga, instead calls her "Serina-chan," much to Serina's delight.
- The Friends Who Never Hang: Sibling variant. Apart from the first two pages, and a brief scene in which Serina is spotted going shopping with Ryou(whom Sakuraba assumes is Serina's lover), the sisters spend almost no time together.
- I Lied: Ryou lies about Hikari having supplemental lessons, jealous about her spending time with a friend.
- Last-Name Basis: Chief Sakuraba calls Serina, her subordinate, "Sakimiya-san."
- Mistaken for Romance: While out shopping, Sakuraba spots Serina with another woman, and assumes she's on a date. Said woman is actually Ryou, Serina's older sister.
- No Ending: Chapter 41 ends with a page for each sister. Apart from Ryou giving Hikari a kiss on the cheek and Sakuraba calling Serina by her first name for the first time, there's no sense of closure.
- Practically Different Generations: Ryou is a teacher, Serina is an Office Lady, and Yuika and Mizuki are students.
- Sensei-chan: Downplayed. Ryou tries to be "a respectable adult," but admits that her personality and crush on Hikari sometimes cloud her judgment.
- Sick Episode: Tachibana falls ill in Chapter 27, resulting in Mizuki visiting her.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Zig-zagged. Ryou does openly acknowledge her feelings for Hikari, but says they can't kiss or have sex until Hikari graduates.
- Unrequited Love: Played with. While Serina's feelings for her boss are said to be unrequited, it's hinted that Sakuraba is gradually starting to return her feelings.
- Wall Pin of Love: Tachibana tries this on Mizuki in Chapter 19, but it ends up not having the impact Tachibana hoped for.
- Yuri Genre: As you might expect, it's about four young women and the women they love.