Shortly after the death of her grandmother, 14-year-old Ichika falls for a strange girl named Aria. Aria does strange things, the most alarming being biting Ichika's neck and drawing some of her blood. So begins the love story between a human girl and a vampire girl.
Written and illustrated by Shou Higashiyama, the manga series began in 2019 and is currently being published by Shogakukan.
The manga provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Sakuya often gets these as a result of earning her daughter's wrath.
- Ax-Crazy: Sakuya isn't too right in the head.
- Bifauxnen: Sakuya has her hair low cut and outwardly doesn't have much of a feminine physique.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Aria oftentimes beats her man-servant or her mother. In the former's case, she made it seem as though he was a burglar and admits that she actually wasn't sure.
- Depraved Bisexual: Sakuya takes a lot of pleasure in feeding off the blood of maiden girls.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Kara, appearing at the end of Chapter 9, is introduced as not wearing footwear.
- Drinking on Duty: Sakuya spends most of her time in the nurse's office heavily drinking.
- Genius Ditz: Sakuya is actually considered one of the most talented nurses in the vampire world.
- Genki Girl: Aria and Sakuya respectively show themselves as being especially energetic despite being explicitly stated to be very old.
- Lesbian Vampire: The story centers around the relationship between Ichika and Aria.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Ichika is a human girl, Aria is a vampire. However, Ichika accepts her mortality stating that it could not be helped. However, in chapter 15, it is shown that Aria's blood does have the potential to make Ichika immortal as evidenced by ants getting revived through her blood.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Aside from personally hating the term, Aria makes it apparent that vampires actually have reflections in mirrors; they are okay with crosses; and they don't transform into bats. Aria does admit that some vampires don't like garlic, though.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Despite being inferred as considerably old, Sakuya and Aria both act like unprovoked children.
- Really 700 Years Old: Aria and Sakuya are both very old. This is lampshaded when Aria dissuades Ichika from inquiring about her age.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Sakuya often finds herself getting beaten by Aria as many times as Aria's man-servant would.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Aria and her mother Sakuya form this dynamic.
- Unknown Rival: Apparently, there was some animosity between Kara and Aria which the latter doesn't remember. It turns out this wasn't the case: Kara had feelings for her much like Ichika.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Aria tries to get Ichika to kill her once every chapter.