Ultimate Teacher (恐怖のバイオ人間 最終教師 — Kyōfun no Bio-Ningen Saishū Kyōshi), based on a manga by Atsuji Yamamoto, is a 1988 nonsense-comedy OVA that tells us about Ganpachi Chabane, the "Ultimate Teacher" (who also happens to be a human-cockroach hybrid) who's hellbent on turning the worst high school in Kanto back to being a respectable school, even if it means breaking every student and wall by force, and Hinako Shiratori, the school's super strong gang leader who wants to keep the school just the way it is. This escalates into a dirty battle for the school's leadership in which Ganpachi is ready to do anything to get rid of Hinako. Things go even more overboard when a scientist from Ganpachi's past comes to fix the mistake he did long ago.
Thin on plot and heavy on ridiculous battles and weird jokes, this anime has to be seen to be believed.
At the moment of writing, you can find both the UK and US dubs (both quite different, the US dub being much closer to the Japanese dialog and the UK dub being more of a Gag Dub) from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateTeacherOVA/videos
Has absolutely nothing to do with Ultimate Otaku Teacher, aside from the fact Junichiro Kagami and Ganpachi Chabane are both teachers.
- Action Girl: Hinako
- Animal Jingoism
- Animal Motifs: Ganpachi's cape and suit colour gives him a slightly roach-like look.
- Anti-Villain: Ganpachi just wanted to straighten the school up, and overall was shown to be a fairly nice guy, keeping the violence to a minimum at the start (his first attack was just giving leg cramps to all his opponents). However he does go somewhat mad with power once he figures out Hinako's weakness and once he's focusing down her as a rival quickly becomes more brutal, especially in his efforts to humiliate her.
- Subverted in the UK dub, where his character was changed, making his backstory so that instead of being a bit of a goofball loser, he got rejected by schoolgirls and generated a grudge against all students, and especially female ones.
- Badass Cape
- Between My Legs: This shot was used at least eight times, almost all of Hinako.
- Cute Bruiser: Hinako
- Fake-Out Fade-Out
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Both Ganpachi and Karima had their genes mixed together with invertebrate genes.
- The Gloves Come Off: Literally in this case, along with his shoes and socks.
- Gonk: Umekichi
- Groin Attack
- Improvised Weapon: Bananas, coins, kid's toy ride...
- Japanese Delinquents
- Made of Iron: Hinako and to an extent, Ryuichi.
- Modesty Shorts: Hinako has worn gym bloomers since childhood, since it enabled her to kick ass without getting teased for showing her panties. However this has the effect that if she wears normal panties she'll eventually start feeling sick and weak.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Both Ganpachi and Karima can grow extra arms to fit their genes.
- No One Could Survive That!: "This is the fifth floor! He's history!"
- Nothing but Skulls: Inside the school's walls is a large stash of skulls (and couple full skeletons).
- Not Quite Dead: Done at least twice, since Staying Alive is what Ganpachi was programmed for.
- Pressure Point: A Shout-Out to Fist of the North Star, (also directed by Tooyoo Ashida). Ganpachi can use these attacks only they result in cramps and not bodily combustion. Most explicitly when he squares up against Hinako for the first time and gives her a leg cramp.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: Hinako and Karima are basically considered to be the good guys for fighting against Ganpachi, despite the fact that Karima is the one who mixed Ganpachi with cockroach genes against his will in the start, but failed to brainwash him and Hinako fights to keep the school a gang-infested ruin. On the other hand, Ganpachi did go rather mad with power after figuting out Hinako's weakness, to the point of some very creepy attempts to humiliate her.
- Save Our Students: A parody of this trope. One of the boys even asks at the end where "our youth" is going, only for his friends to call him out for trying to sound deep.
- Possibly also a deconstruction, as someone willing to beat up the majority of their students to show dominance probably isn't all that right in the head themselves, and Ganpachi ends up going mad with power and essentially competing with Hinako for leadership of the students instead of actually trying any sort of reforms.
- Shout-Out: Karima the Spiderman sports a rather familiarly colored suit... Also there's several shouts to multiple different series hidden through the movie.
- Women Are Wiser: Hinako is one of very few female students at the school, and the only one to get any sort of attention. She's also the only student confirmed to be there because of something outside her control—she was sick on the day of high school entrance exams and so ended up at a trash school.
- Wretched Hive: Emperor High, which is decrepit, has a cemetary for the teachers that got killed by students and the walls are full of corpses.