Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey is an ongoing manga by Kamoshida Hajime debuting in 2012.
18 years ago, a powerful monument was discovered on a mysterious island. The monument contained data only certain people could extract who became students of the islands school. By being able to extract the data, the students are able to summon a creature that they fight with. Of these people, Satou Taketora is your typical lazy kid who doesnt do anything, hence hes ranked dead last. But one day, hes dragged into a battle with his old childhood friend, but to everyones surprise his summon is more than meets the eye
Provides examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: Leona.
- Action Girl: Manga has plenty of them.
- Almighty Janitor: Taketora.
- Bishounen: Brad White.
- Bed Mate Reveal: In chapter 15 Satou wakes up and finds Leona sleeping next to him.
- Black Box: Academy Island, a structure of unknown origins (might be aliens) that just popped up on the sea one day. Inside of it is the Monument which carries an incredible amount of information, some of it on science and technology light years ahead of anything else on Earth. Only some people can access this information but they don't known anything about where it comes from, either.
- Blood Knight: Leona.
- Boobs of Steel: Leona.
- Chick Magnet: Taketora, naturally ...
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sakura.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Taketora. Despite usually lazing around, and being last ranked, he's one of more powerful individuals, managing to so far defeat every single challenger with one exception, someone who was ranked 13th, was a councilor, and had much more experience than he had.
- In the manga his only loss was to the Queen of England, a rank 7.
- Foot Focus: Leona has one in chapter 15.
- Mons Series: Anyone who can extract data from the Monument gain the ability to summon a Phi, which they use mostly to fight each other once in a while.
- No Blood for Phlebotinum: Alluded to. With the advances in technology brought about by the Monument, nations and corporations compete for that data by way of sending and supporting representatives in Academy Island, instead of warring for land and resources.
- People Puppets: Brad White's phi allows him to control people.
- Power Tattoo: In this case marks.
- Supreme Chef: Much to everyone's surprise Leona turns out to be one.