The Ride-On King is an ongoing 2018 manga series by Baba Yasushi. It has been serialized in Kodansha's Gekkan Shounen Magazine and Shounen Sirius, and has been collected into 3 volumes so far.
- Bears Are Bad News: Purchinov threw one down judo-style, then it agrees on being his steed.
- Benevolent Boss: Purchinov may have an authoritarian bent, but he does his best to ensure his subjects' comfort.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Seems to be a recurring theme with magical beasts and Purchinov.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: Triceratops are referred to as "Earth Dragons".
- Egopolis: Purchinov leads the country of Pursia.
- The Empire: Purchinov is dumped into a fantasy one.
- Expy: Purchinov is a more buff Vladimir Putin, though his country is more akin to one of the USSR's smaller successor states than to Russia itself.
- Fantastic Drug: Healing potions can cause addiction, as it would 'overheal' and gives the body a temporary boost if taken when not injured. Bell is one such addict.
- Fantastic Racism: the non-Crest sentients (Centaurs, spirit beasts, orcs, etc; basically anyone that's not a human, dwarf, or elf) are susceptible to slavery and discrimination in the empire. Even elves get enslaved once in a while.
- Guardian Entity: The wolf Purchinov rescued agrees to be this for the home village of the children he rescued in the same battle, and as such grew a third eye.
- Horse of a Different Color: Purchinov's life goal is to ride everything that can be ridden. Upon being transported to the new world, he is delighted to find out that his new targets include dragons, centaurs, Chocobo equivalents, and so on.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Bell has one, doubling as a Nice Hat. The magic to cast it is sought after by numerous groups, given how valuable it would be during warfare.
- Noble Wolf: One agrees to help Purchinov after released from slavery.
- Only the Chosen May Ride: Purchinov is heartbroken to discover that the centaurs refuse to let anyone ride them as a matter of cultural pride. After becoming the King of the Beasts, Purchinov finally gets to ride a centaur, which to his extreme dismay becomes a Fusion Dance scenario instead of what he was imagining.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: The foals are mostly bipedal as an infant; they aren't quadrupedal as usual centaurs until they grow a bit older. During times of famine, centaur foals have their forelegs removed, and those who survive the process become satyrs.
- Really 700 Years Old/Vague Age: Kanya is certainly older than she looked, although how much so is kept vague.
- Slave Collar: One that erases the will of its user altogether and blows up upon forced removal.
- Worthy Opponent: The undead dragon views Purchinov as one.