The Last Saiyuki (最後の西遊記 Saigo no Saiyuuki, or, literally, The Last Journey to the West), is a manga written by Daijirou Nonoue and serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump, starting in early 2019.
The story focuses on Ryunosuke, a boy who dreams of being a baseball player, but his dreams are cut short when his father brings home a young girl. This is not the only change in Ryunosuke's life, in order to take care of Koharu, his new sister, he must quit school and spend all his time at home. Koharu is blind, does not have the use of her arms or legs, and her voice can bring monsters into the world.
Saigo no Saiyuuki contains examples of the following tropes:
- Artificial Limbs: Koharu is quadriplegic, and her limbs are instead those similar to a ball-jointed doll.
- Big Brother Instinct: At first, Ryonosuke didn't want anything to do with Koharu. After some punishment for being neglectful and some lessons learned, he develops this and vows to protect her no matter what.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: The ability to extend the Nyoibo and bring monsters into existence depend on whether or not a person's Mou is open, basically, whether or not they believe the impossible can happen
- Disability Superpower: Koharu uses her psychic abilities to move her prosthetic limbs to move around.
- Eldritch Abomination: Many monsters appear like this.
- Evil Albino: The first major villain, Sai, has light hair.
- Eyes Always Shut: Due to her blindness, Koharu does not open her eyes.
- Telescoping Staff: Ryonosuke and his father both have one in their Nyoibo, which are made from Son Goku's own.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Ryunosuke looks like his mother, but young, male, and with blue hair.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ryunosuke and his father have blue hair.