THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Theater is the official Cinderella Girls 5-Panel Manga, serialized within the game itself and later released in tankobon format by Kadokawa under their imprint Dengeki Comics EX, written and illustrated by Kuma Jet. It received a two-season TV anime with 13 5-minute episodes plus extra 13 1:30-minute webisodes (also serialized within the game itself) in 2017, and a third season is set to air in July 2018. The spin-off game THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage also includes a 1koma version as part of its loading screens, and recently introduced another version called THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Theater Wide as parte of its new Derecone menu.
The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Theater provides examples of:
- Animated Adaptation: As the description says.
- Audience Surrogate: It's obvious the reader is supposed to see themselves as the faceless Producer character.
- All There in the Manual: The series reveals some information not revealed anywhere else.
- Call-Back: Compare strip #1040◊ to strip #521◊.
- Chick Magnet: In this manga more than in any other adaptation, pretty much all idols are in love with Producer. He doesn't seem to notice it most of the time, however.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Atsumi Munakata, mainly when around well-endowed girls.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the earlier strips, only the first panel was colored. The first fully-colored strip was strip 167.
- Lens Flare Censor: Conversed in strip 988, when Nana and Hina gets Nao to a position that would cast a light on her, in a way it would have been this trope if not for the Modesty Towel she was wearing.
- LesYay: The series doesn't have a lot of subtext, but in one strip Ayuna Hamakawa flirts with Fumika Sagisawa as part of her acting training. There's also Atsumi, who loves grabbing other girls' breasts but usually fails, or otherwise gets distracted from her main goal.
- Oblivious to Love: Though at some times the Producer seems to be aware of an idol having a crush on him and even teasing her for it, most of the times he appears to be unaware of it.
- Rule of Funny: A lot of absurd things happen in the series, simply because they're funny.
- The Cameo: There are three strips featuring the main characters of The Idolmaster Dearly Stars, the first features the three of them, the second one featuring only Eri Mizutani, and the third and last one features only Ryou Akizuki.
- The Faceless: The Producer here.
- Training from Hell: Positive Passion's usual training routines, thanks to the hot-blooded Akane Hino.
- The Team: Although most strips focus on a single idol's relationship with the producer, some focus on the relationship between different idols, usually units.