In the far future, mankind will have eradicated the worst of its social ills through the adoption of the Personant: a literal mask, pleasantly-shaped and nondescript, that blanks out all cues regarding race, age, and similar, that have led to discrimination and conflict in the past. Additional benefits of the system include medical telemetry, super-strength, onboard electronics, and -thanks to a century of heavy use- acceptance in society. Life is safer, cleaner, kinder, better.
So why isn't that one guy wearing one?
A oneshot shounen manga/social allegory by Komi Naoshi.
This manga provides examples of:
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Disney Villain Death - Actually, we don't know.
- Hoist by His Own Petard
- Individuality Is Illegal - In a more literal sense.
- Knight Templar - Either this or Chaotic Evil.
- MacGuffin - The Arsona
- Saving the World - In an interesting new way, no less.