Ouroboros is a Manga series written and illustrated by Yûya Kanzaki.
Ikuo Ryuzaki and Tatsuya Tat-Chan Danno are 2 orphaned boys who were looked after by a woman they called 'Yuiko-sensei. Following their sensei's brutal murder, the two vow to hunt down the killers and the police officers responsible for the cases coverup.
15 years later, Ryuzaki is a police detective working alongside his partner Hibino Miduki and Tat-Chan has become the leader of a group of mobsters. Helping each other out behind the scenes, they strive to rise to the tops of their respective fields so that they may exact their vengeance.
while the manga lacks an official international release there is an unofficial translation by a group called Death Toll not for the faint of heart.
Needs magic wiki love.
Ouroboros contains examples of:
- Abuse Mistake: after a poorly worded summation of their relationship Captain Mishima was convicted that Ryuzaki was using Hibino-San for sex.
- And Then What?: Tatsuma admits that he has no plans for the future after they avenge Yuiko-Sensei.
- Arc Symbol: a gold watch, the two dragons have long identified the target of their revenge by his gold watch.
- Becoming the Mask: while both of them joined the Police and the Yakuza only to further their goals Ikuo has formed genuine friendships with other members of the MPD.
- Christmas Cake: invoked and subverted Timiko has three lovers and shes a contemporary to the middle aged Bandou and Mishima.
- Creepy Twins: the Amo Brothers, Teiji and Teiichi, have this in spades.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Teiji has short black Hair and is a Perpetual Smiler while Teiichis hair is spiked and dyed blond and he is the Perpetual Frowner.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: As kids when Teiji came home with one of his fingers (accidentally) broken by a bullys rock throwing, Teiichi came home the next day with all ten of the bullies fingers in his hands Teiji only saw this as a demonstration of his brothers love.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: no one suspected that Zabil, who orchestrated the bus jackers intended massacre, was a passenger on the bus, let alone the bus driver himself, especially since he had a gun to his head.
- Four Is Death: the Zero Division, the group of men who killed Yuiko-Sensei. Ganaha, the most bloodthirsty among them, being a former member of the MPDs fourth riot squad.
- Heel Face Doorslam: twice members of the Zero Division, the group who killed Yuiko-Sensei had planned to atone for their crimes and make amends to the Ryuzaki and Danno, only for Gold Watch to have them eliminated.
- Parental Neglect: Hibino-San has stated that her father is guilty of this since her mothers death.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: a few examples.
- Red Right Hand: Red Noses red nose
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Ryuzaki and Hibino-San on several occasions.
- Ship Tease: despite the above, Ryuzaki and Hibino-San have some moments.
- Supporting Protagonist: Tat-Chan is generally given much less focus in the first half of the series than Ryuzaki.
- Time Skip: between volumes 8 and 9 although the exact time is ambiguous, it seems to be something around a year.
- Unwanted Assistance: when a chauvinistic superintendent challenges Hibino-San on her ability to function on a stakeout (i.e. can you piss outdoors?) Ryuzaki attempts to vouch for her but ends up making her feel more insulted than the superintendent.