Ayano Ookubo is an elementary schoolteacher. While at a bar she meets a woman named Akari Hirayama. After getting drunk, she ends up back at Akari's home. They end up kissing and trade numbers. However, there's one thing that Ayano didn't tell Akari: she has a husband.
Otona Ni Natte Mo (Even Though We're Adults) is a manga by Takako Shimura. An English release by Seven Seas is set for 2020.
This manga provides examples of:
- Artistic Age: The characters are in their thirties (with Ayano being thirty-five) but look several years younger.
- Christmas Cake: Ayano married at age thirty. She worried that she was getting old for marriage until she met an unmarried man with similar worries.
- Closet Key: Akari is one to Ayano. When asked by Akari, she doesn't know whether she likes women, but she is attracted to Akari.
- First-Episode Twist: The fact that Ayano has a husband is revealed to Akari and the audience for the first time at the end of the first chapter, but it's such a key part of the premise that many readers will likely already know about it going into the series.
- Introduction by Hookup: Used non-sexually. Ayano and Akari meet at a bar-restaurant. They end up hanging out together and kissing, but it doesn't lead to sex. They do, however, exchange numbers.
- Relative Error: Inverted. Ayano initially mistakes Akari's husband for her brother. She didn't know that Ayano was married.
- Wham Line: Ayano introducing the man with her as her husband, which comes as a surprise to the readers and Akari.