Ojisama to Neko (Old Man and Cat) is a Shoujo manga by Umi Sakurai running in the magazine Gangan Pixiv.
A lonely, exotic cat yearns to be loved and spends every day watching other kittens get adopted before him. One day, an equally lonely old man decides to adopt him and names him Fukumaru. Together, the old man and Fukumaru begin living together.
Ojisama to Neko contains the following tropes:
- Chick Magnet: Kanda is very charming, even in his old age; as a result, a lot of his female students are attached to him.
- Desperately Craves Affection: Fukumaru spent a very long time in the shelter, watching younger kittens get adopted while he languished alone. As a result, he's happy for anyone to give him the time of day.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: The old man loves cats and is very kind to Fukumaru.
- Meaningful Name: "Fuku" means luck/happiness, and the old man names the cat that because meeting him has given him happiness.
- The Mourning After: Kanda had a lovely wife, but after her death and the kids moving out he's become depressed and lonely. Fukumaru coming into his life changed that; now while he doesn't think to move on with another woman, he has a fulfilled love in taking care of the big cat.
- No Name Given: The old man himself is only known as Kanda-sensei by his students and at the place he works at. We've yet to see his given name, however.
- Parental Substitute: Fukumaru thinks of the old man as his father.
- Slice of Life
- Silver Fox: Kanda's still a pretty good looking guy, despite his age.