Noah of the Blood Sea (in the original, 血海のノア, read as "Kekkai no Noah") is a 2018 horror manga by Yuu Satomi.
The manga follows a family of three that got into a cruise ship, as well as the friends they made on said trip, they soon realize that the glamorous cruise ship is nothing but a facade as a series of mysterious killings spread throughout the ship.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Subverted. To spite Toma, Paola bangs Koike's head against a glass door until her face is red, hurt, and swollen.
- Creepy Child: Noah. She's a strange, albino little girl with quiet, offputting mannerism and seems to have been taken in by Kakeru.
- Eyes Always Closed: The Punisher's face is like this, proving to be quite unsettling, however, when his eyes open, he is able to hypnotize Akari.
- Eye Scream: The Kaiser's left eye is completely gone, with his face having a scar on its face. A flashback implies that Noah was the one to rip out his eye.
- Fat Bastard:
- The clown that works for the vampires is a rotund man that publicly executed people, passing them off as magic tricks, in order to sell them to vampires.
- One of the vampires in the masked ball is a massive, fat man who bought number 16 and is now hunting down for him to eat.
- Foreshadowing: During the poolside auction, vampires whisper among themselves that the quality of their society has gone downhill. A few chapters later, this is expanded upon on the fact that they try to keep some dignity but the increase in the number of people who enjoy killing has made it difficult, not to mention vampires have become increasingly hedonistic and care less and less about living secretly among humans, compared to simply basking on pleasures and making their banquets bigger.
- The Generation Gap: The old-school and the new-school vampires seem to have a lot of friction between themselves, with the new-school vampires becoming increasingly hedonistic, they see their elders as stuffy and annoying, while they're seen by them as uncouth and troublesome.
- Masquerade Ball: The third event of the ship is a masked costume ball. This is yet another feast for the vampires, who have laced the alcohol with some substance in order to be able to discreetly, but publicly, drink from whoever they want.
- Monster Clown: The host of the magic show of the second day is a fat clown with exaggerated, unsettling features. He works for the vampires and kills multiple people to sell them to vampires and seems to police the ship as well.
- Neck Snap: When one vampire tries to bite Yuzuru, The Punisher kills her by twisting her neck at a 90-degree angle.
- Off with His Head!:
- Ushiro gets killed when his head is chopped off by the clown and Mistress Naria.
- Kakeru kills off Paola by punching her head off while she is attacking Koike.
- Pretend We're Dead: While not a Zombie Apocalypse, Kokie, in order to hide from a mysterious, masked woman named Naria that is sniping people who weren't hypnotized during the masked ball, pretends to be hypnotized and walks by Touma's side with the other hypnotized people to keep the charade.
- Sapient Eat Sapient: Vampires evolved from merely drinking blood to eating human meat. Kakeru goes a step further and started eating the vampire's own meat as a way of Revenge.
- Weaksauce Weakness: A maid later explains that they actually have a variety of weaknesses that are in the classic legends, like garlic, sunlight, and silver, but their biggest weakness is that due to allergies, vampires can only drink a specific kind of blood, similar to a blood transfusion, and contact to other kinds of blood can be lethal.