You just lost a presidential race at your school, you're feeling gloomy and you are appointed instead as vice-president serving under the beautiful Wakana Ui... Who made it rain condoms to win the election.
Well, for Izumi Hayato, it couldn't get any worse... except for the fact the that very same president happens to also be his self-proclaimed fiancé that their parents had "arranged" for him to marry.
The completely oblivious kaichou doesn't know much about sex, marriage, and relationships, yet she is willing to give up her innocence to Izumi! Will he hold out on deflowering the innocent student council president? Or will he fall under the deadly sin of temptation Wakana keeps on giving him?
My Wife is the Student Council President (Okusama ga Seito Kaichō) is an erotic comedy manga by Yumi Nakata. It currently has about 7 volumes comprising 69 chapters, since its serialization on Comic Rex magazine in 2012, along with an Animated Adaptation composed of 12 ten-minute shorts, as part of the Summer 2015 Anime season, with a second cour premiering during Fall 2016 Anime season. Both are available for worldwide streaming on Crunchyroll.
My Wife is the Student Council President gives examples of the following tropes:
- The Ace: Ui is top of the school in both sports and studies, is beautiful and incredibly charismatic. This of course allows her to easily win the election by a landslide.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: In Rin's final arc, she lets Izumi touch her boobs in an attempt to seduce him into having sex with her. Izumi gives in, but only goes as far as fondling her before he turns her down and runs back home to Ui.
- Arranged Marriage: Hayato and Ui's parents arranged their engagement pretty much on a whim. Ui is on board with it from the beginning but Hayato is understandably reluctant to accept the fact that he suddenly has a wife...however it quickly becomes clear that the two are perfect for each other and he slowly develops romantic feelings for Ui before he even notices.
- Bleached Underpants: Author Yumi Nakata previously wrote a manga called Okusama wa Seito Kaichō, which is pretty much Okusama ga with pornography.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: It happens to Ui during episode 2, as she's fantasizing about having her first time with Izumi. She gets so into it that she starts dryhumping her mattress, right as he walks in and catches her in the act.Ui: (mortified) "H-how long were you standing there??"Izumi: (matter-of-factly) "Since right around the time you started getting into it."
- Chivalrous Pervert: While Izumi usually tries to act proper toward Ui and Rin, he's still prone to staring and fantasizing about them and he's not above copping a feel when either of them permits it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- Ui tends to get very angry when she suspects any other girl has Izumi's attention.
- Likewise Izumi gets suspicious to any attention Ui gets.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: A rare instance when the trope is justified and lampshaded. Izumi is average looking and comes from a middle-class family, so he wonders why several of the girls at his school have suddenly become interested in him.
- Cute Little Fangs: Ui has a single one on the left side.
- D-Cup Distress: Rin Misumi was telling Izumi that "a chest like mine is nothing but trouble" after she told them about rumors that she tried to seduce a friend of hers with her chest leading her to want to prove her "moral character." Although, in season two, she was teasing Wakana that Izumi used her large breasts to release his "pent-up lust" to Wakana's dismay. So she might not be as distressed as earlier.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: Ui has given Izumi to green light to nail her, in no uncertain terms. The only things stopping him are his conscience and Rin's watchful eye.
- Dragged into Drag: Hayato is forced to tell Rin that he's a crossdresser to explain why there were girl panties at his house (that belonged to Ui). The next episode Rin and her sister crossdress sleeping Hayato to try to help him with his sleep deprivation (that was actually caused by studying too much.)
- Ecchi: What the story primarily falls into. Were it not for convenient censoring in most parts, it would possibly skirt the "grey area" between the genre and straight-up Hentai. The author's previous background as an Eroge artist doesn't help.
- Evolving Credits: Opening and ending. Both in little variances, and a change-up after Episode 6.
- Gag Boobs: The Misumi sisters both have absolutely ridiculous racks, which makes them a major source of fanservice.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Not with these two.
- Love Hotel: Hayato and Rin accidentally get stuck in one. Nothing happens but it takes some time to convince Ui of that. In a hilarious case of Contrived Coincidence another group of students faces the exact same situation at the same time and writes an email to the student council asking for advice. The positive resolution of that situation serves as incentive for the main characters to patch things up.
- Love Triangle: It initially seemed certain that Izumi and Ui would become the official pair, given the show's premise. Then along came Rin, who Izumi has steadily grown infatuated with. During the festival episode (season 2) Rin even allowed him to fondle her without her bra on, which nearly causes her to climax. It isn't long before Ui becomes aware of it, prompting her to redouble her efforts to seduce Izumi before Rin does.
- Missing Mom: Hayato's mother passed away long before the start of the story.
- Ms. Fanservice:
- Rin is the primary example, due to having an exceptionally curvaceous figure for a girl her age. She's well aware of her own sex appeal and is usually self-conscious because of the rumors being spread around school about her. But she's fiercely competitive for Izumi's affections and isn't above using her wiles if it means a chance to get closer to him.
- Ui often uses her living arrangement with Izumi as an opportunity to tempt him into having sex with her. She nearly succeeds several times, were it not for last minute interference from Rin and, later, Ui's parents.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: Misato Wakana looks (and acts) like she is 10 years old. Hayato is rather perplexed when he finds out that she is Ui's mother and not her younger sister.
- Name's the Same: Makoto Sawatari has the same name as the childhood friend/fox girl Makoto Sawatari from Kanon.
- Older Than They Look: Ui's parents. Her mom looks like a seven-year-old kid; her dad, a young teenager.
- Reality Ensues: The series is straightforward about what would happen if a pair of opposite sex teens moved in together, without adult supervision. Izumi doesn't shy away from the prospect of having sex with Ui, since she's made it clear that she consents and she's just as horny as he is. The only reason they haven't done it yet, is because their friends and neighbors won't let them.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Hayato is skeptical about Ui's "Liberalization of Love" platform, but decides to support her anyway.
- Student Council President: Both Ui and Hayato were running for the position at the beginning of the story. Ui won by landslide, partially thanks to her status as The Ace, partially thanks to her platform of "Liberalization of love". Hayato ended up becoming the vice-president.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Ui who? Rin had gotten volumes worth of scenes before ultimately ending her arc in the thirteenth, with Ui having handfuls of chapters to herself.
- Tsundere: Izumi is a very mild version of this to Ui. His tsun side is more directed at the weird situation he finds himself in rather than Ui.
- Unwanted Harem: Izumi has quite a few girls attracted to him.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: It's about a guy and a girl who live together and would've shagged a few dozen times by now, were it not for last minute interference every time.
- Visual Pun: Makoto is a minor character with hardly any lines of dialogue. Her only purpose is to accompany Rin wherever she goes and act as a boob rest for her. Meaning, she's literally a Living Prop.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal:
- How the plot starts off in the very first chapter/episode: Ui asks Hayato as to when he'll be home later that day. Fast forward a few hours later, she immediately appears before him wearing a bridal veil and her personal stuff in tow, immediately declaring him as her husband.
- This is also how the manga ends, with Hayato proposing to Ui in front of the whole school and Ui, of course, accepting.
- Will They or Won't They?: In Izumi and Ui's case, it has nothing to do with whether they'll hook up. That's practically a given. It's more a question of when will he screw her and get it over with, since Ui's already given him the green light.