My Heavenly Hockey Club is a comedy manga by Ai Morinaga, which ran in Bessatsu Friend from 2002 to 2005. It follows the life of Hana Suzuki, an extraordinarily lazy high school girl, and the field hockey club she is forced to join.
Provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst - Hana. Something of a Berserk Button for her.
- Accidental Athlete - Hana is recruited because she was struck by a car and survived....and is more or less invincible in her sleep.
- The Beard - Izumi pretends he and Hana are engaged to try and get his cousin Tamako to give up on trying to marry him.
- Bears Are Bad News - They get it into their heads to try using a wild bear as a goalie in a hockey game. It doesn't work out terribly well.
- Big Eater - Hana. The hockey club usually has to bribe her with food to get her to do anything.
- Heavy Sleeper - Hana. Sleeping is one of her hobbies. When she's only had nine hours sleep in a night, she's pretty useless for the rest of the day. When she is dragged out of bed she walks to school at least three-quarters asleep, and even being hit by a car doesn't fully wake her up.
- Not a Morning Person - Hana. So very much Hana. She studied like hell to get into the high school she lives near just so she could sleep in as much as possible in the morning.
- Running Gag - The hockey club makes many attempts, but never succeeds at even playing a game of hockey, never mind winning one.
- Shout-Out - To Maria Watches Over Us when Hana infiltrates an all-girls school.
- Sleep Cute - Hana and Izumi.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife - Izumi's parents.
- Yaoi Fangirl - Moe.