The main character, Natori Nono, is a teenage girl living with her little brother and their mother in a small apartment. Then, Nono learns her mother has been secretly dating a man, a fact she only learns the day after the new marriage. To Natori Nono's (now Ichijou Nono's) surprise, her new stepfather (Ichijou Hayato) is a billionaire. With encouragement from her new stepbrother, Nono learns how to fit in high society.
This series contains examples of:
- Be Yourself: Nono tries to fit into high society by being the kind of lady the wife of the founder of Ichijou Group was but ends up fitting as herself.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Juuri
- Gold Digger: Saegusa Ajuu accuses the Natoris of being this.
- Happily Married: Nono's mother and Ichijou Hayato.
- King Incognito: One of the maids helping Nono to adjust to being a wealthy girl was actually her stepfather's mother in disguise.
- Not Blood Siblings: Ichijou (née Natori) Nono and her stepbrother Ichijou Kazuomi. Saegusa Ajuu, interested in Kazuomi, sees Nono as a threat because of the trope.
- Older Than They Look: Nono's mother is 36 years old but she looks younger than that. A better example is Ichijou Hayato's mother. At first, nobody would say she's old enough to have a sixteen-year old grandson.
- Our Founder: A variation. Instead of a statue of Ichijou Group's founder, the Ichijous have a painting of the founder's wife. When their main hotel in Tokyo is facing difficult times, the painting is sent there from their mansion upon Nono's suggestion.
- Rags to Riches: Widow Natori and her children when she married Mr. Ichijou.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kazuomi likes his marshmallows.