Lock On! is a short-lived shonen manga by Kenta Tsuchida. Originally starting as a one-shot, it was later serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump from February to June 2010 for 18 chapters.
The story follows Kurihara Niko, who Does Not Like Men, as she becomes friends with Sanada Utsuru, a Chivalrous Pervert who is a professional photographer at the age of 17. After transferring into Niko's class, Sanada decides to start a photography club with Niko's friend, Yuki. Sanada also has a special power called "Shutter Eye," which he can use to remember everything he sees perfectly.
Lock On! provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Zig-zagged: Most of the guys who show up for a chapter or two end up sexually harassing someone, while Sanada is a Chivalrous Pervert, Yamato is only interested in Yuki, and everyone else is fine.
- Berserk Button: Yamato is very protective of Yuki. Sanada doesn't like to see someone make a girl cry. When he ends up doing it himself, he jumps out a window...
- Eyepatch of Power: Sanada uses one to cover his Shutter Eye.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Ryuichi Kamiyama is a former boxer who stopped because he reeked of sweat and now works as a model.
- Hand Wave: In-universe: Sanada's explanation for all of his abilities is: "I'm a photographer."
- Living Lie Detector: Deconstructed with Sanada. His master tells him that his eye prevents him from understanding love.
- Love Epiphany: Niko's last line: "...because even I was able to fall in love with you."
- Magical Eye: Sanada's Shutter Eye is darker than his other one. He uses it to remember anything he sees perfectly and instantly.
- Psychic Nosebleed: Sanada gets it when he uses his Shutter Eye. And whenever he takes pictures of girls.
- Shipper on Deck: Invoked: When Sanada decides he needs to take more pictures of guys, he tries to get Yamato and Yuki together so he'll enjoy getting a picture of Yamato.
- Teacher/Student Romance: One of Ueno's students has a crush on him. But then he tells her he's not interested. It turns out he was lying, and he decides to wait until she graduates to do anything with her.