Tajimi, a quiet city located in Japan's Gifu prefecture, is well known for its long tradition of ceramic makers artists, a tradition Himeno Toyokawa is somewhat familiar with considering her now-deceased mother was one of the most acclaimed pottery makers of her generation. After moving back to Tajimi and joining her high school's pottery club, how will Himeno and her friends continue this tradition in a modern age?
Let's Make a Mug Too (Yakunara Mug Cup mo in Japanese) began as an online manga in 2012, and later began publication in the shonen magazine Manga Cross in January 2021 as well. It received a split two-cour anime adaptation by Nippon Animation in the spring and fall of 2021.
Let's Make a Mug Too provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: The eighth episode of Season 1 is ultimately revealed to be a dream that Kukuri is having.
- Gratuitous Spanish: While Ximena using Spanish makes sense considering she is from Mexico, Yukari using it (since she learned Spanish in college) does run into this.
- Missing Mom: Himeno's mom died of an unstated illness when Himeno was four, leaving her with few memories of her mother.
- New Transfer Student: Himeno has moved to Tajimi as a result of her father's company in Tokyo failing and starts high school there.
- Schoolgirl Series: The series focuses on a group of schoolgirls who are part of their high school's pottery club.