A horror manga by Masaaki Nakayama (author of Fuan no Tane), that consists of short, eerie ghost stories. Unlike Fuan No Tane, the stories here aren't completely unrelated and many intertwine at different points. A recurring theme is the probably-malevolent "God of Hair" and the people who worship it.
Tropes appearing in Kouishou Radio:
- Anachronic Order: The chapters take place at different times, but many of them intersect.
- Bald Women: Usually a bad omen in this manga.
- Body Horror
- Creepy Crows: A vengeful flock of crows follows the protagonist of one chapter. But they aren't really crows...
- Creepy Doll: One story involves a group of kids finding one.
- Demonic Dummy: A straw dummy that might be possessed by the God of Hair (or might be one of its forms) appears.
- Eldritch Abomination: What the "God of Hair" possibly is.
- Laser-Guided Karma: A member of a group of school bullies ends up mysteriously comatose after threatening to cut the hair of a weird new kid. Turns out he's not the first one.
- Living Shadow: Some manifestations of spirits, if they aren't made out of hair.
- Nightmare Face
- No Ending: Much like the author's other work, many of the chapters just end with no resolution. Subverted later, as many chapters are revisited later, adding context and filling in the overarching story of the reason behind the nightmarish events.
- Nothing Is Scarier
- Prehensile Hair: A recurring trait of the ghosts in the stories.
- Room Full of Crazy
- Surreal Horror
- Traumatic Haircut: Done to a young girl in a rural village, though apparently as some kind of safety precaution by her family. Also threatened towards a strange transfer student by a gang of bullies.