Kintoki: Toki of the Auromoculi is a one-shot manga created by Akira Toriyama.
It tells the story of Toki, the last surviving member of the Auromoculi, a race of humans with great fighting abilities but extremely short lives. It was published in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2013 as a 30-pages oneshot, with no plans of continuing the story.
Tropes presented in the story
- Archer Archetype: Toki is presented not only as a formidable fighter, but is established as a great archer.
- Cool Shades: Quina wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his bright golden eyes.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!: After getting shot by Lord Berry, Merulusa insults him by calling him a pervert, a shrimp, skater cut and a stupid son. He gets offended by skater cut.
- Last of His Kind: Toki is the last member of the Auromoculi, humans of golden eyes and great fighting abilities, but extremely short life spans. In his desire to keep the race alive, he is looking for a mate. The trope gets double subverted when he finds more of his people, although none of them are girls his age according to Quina.
- Older Than They Look:
- Despite looking like a young child, Toki is actually 19 years old.
- Lord Berry looks like a bratty child, but he is 25 years old.