Kaji Ryuusuke No Gi (Ryuuske Kaji's Agenda) is a manga series by Naoki Inose. It's one of the few examples of a Government Procedural in Japanese media.
Ryuuske Kaiji is a high-achieving salaryman, whose world is rocked by the sudden death of his father, a powerful government minister, and his brother, the intended successor. They take many secrets to their grave, but before he dies, the brother begs Ryuuske to run for the Diet. Now, the ideal young business leader must learn to navigate the political system and his deeply conservative district of the Diet.
This show provides examples of:
- Ambition Is Evil: Ryuuske initially refuses the pleas to run for political office, citing this.
- Awful Wedded Life: Ryuuske and his wife.
- Government Procedural
- Loyal to the Position: Openly subverted by Ryuuske.
- Produce Pelting: This happens to Ryuuske when he angers a crowd of farmers.
- Realpolitik: One of the fundamental struggles between the protagonist and the party establishment.
- Sleazy Politician: No shortage of these throughout the series.
- Treacherous Advisor: Tanjiaki is this to Ryuuske.